Staredit Network > Forums > Introductions > Topic: Ello all
Ello all
Apr 5 2011, 2:30 am
By: ScaleMatrix  

Apr 5 2011, 2:30 am ScaleMatrix Post #1



Heyall out here at staredit. My names ScaleMatrix, and I've been playing Starcraft for about 6 years now, and I didn't start mapmaking until last december. Before I thought mapmaking was extremely hard, but then just this december I decided to try it out for the first time instead of blowing it off. I made an RP spawning trigger and from there I ended up with an arena map that I'm working on now. I like to play arenas,RPGs,CNM,Cops and robbers and much much more on here.


I just yesterday started on learning "Mobile Grid triggers" because there effects are so inspiring, but the stuff that makes it happen I can see is very time consuming and requires some Graphing work but its worth it to learn.



None.

Apr 5 2011, 2:40 am DevliN Post #2

Woah

Welcome to SEN!

You may find http://www.staredit.net/topic/13129/ useful as you're starting to learn more about SC1 mapmaking.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Apr 5 2011, 2:54 am Generalpie Post #3

Staredit Puckwork

Wellcome to the communist state of SEN...
i'm the nuke operator and for the right price i'll fire one off into the air so we can watch the pretty explosion



None.

Apr 5 2011, 4:08 am ScaleMatrix Post #4



Thank you very much Devlin, the guide helps alot with these triggers, and lol general

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 5 2011, 4:15 am by ScaleMatrix.



None.

Apr 5 2011, 4:40 am Fire_Kame Post #5

wth is starcraft

Welcome. As I said before, I am the most important person here. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! :awesome:




Apr 5 2011, 5:28 am payne Post #6

:payne:

Quote from Fire_Kame
Welcome. As I said before, I am the most important person here. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! :awesome:
By "any", this male means "anything related to creating cards".
Just thought you might have wanted to know Kame is one of the most useless SC1 mapper dude around here. ^^
Girls on interwebz are lies. :transparenthurrsmiley: (Hidden messages ftw)
:awesome:



None.

Apr 5 2011, 5:36 am UnholyUrine Post #7



Welcome to SEN

be sure to post your maps on the sc1 map showcase :D



None.

Apr 5 2011, 5:40 am DevliN Post #8

Woah

Quote from payne
Quote from Fire_Kame
Welcome. As I said before, I am the most important person here. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! :awesome:
By "any", this male means "anything related to creating cards".
Just thought you might have wanted to know Kame is one of the most useless SC1 mapper dude around here. ^^
Girls on interwebz are lies. :transparenthurrsmiley: (Hidden messages ftw)
:awesome:
Yeah he really sucks.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Apr 5 2011, 5:52 am Vrael Post #9



You can check out any time you like, but, you can never leave . . . .



None.

Apr 5 2011, 9:04 am Roy Post #10

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from DevliN
Quote from payne
Quote from Fire_Kame
Welcome. As I said before, I am the most important person here. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! :awesome:
By "any", this male means "anything related to creating cards".
Just thought you might have wanted to know Kame is one of the most useless SC1 mapper dude around here. ^^
Girls on interwebz are lies. :transparenthurrsmiley: (Hidden messages ftw)
:awesome:
Yeah he really sucks.
Oh stop picking on him.

Welcome, ScaleMatrix! I would strongly urge you to do a little experimentation with static grids while you're at it. They're fun, simple and help you understand the role of unit id / the importance of placement order.




Apr 5 2011, 4:03 pm payne Post #11

:payne:

Quote from Vrael
You can check out any time you like, but, you can never leave . . . .
Motel of Arizona!



None.

Apr 5 2011, 6:23 pm Fire_Kame Post #12

wth is starcraft

Quote from Roy
Quote from DevliN
Quote from payne
Quote from Fire_Kame
Welcome. As I said before, I am the most important person here. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! :awesome:
By "any", this male means "anything related to creating cards".
Just thought you might have wanted to know Kame is one of the most useless SC1 mapper dude around here. ^^
Girls on interwebz are lies. :transparenthurrsmiley: (Hidden messages ftw)
:awesome:
Yeah he really sucks.
Oh stop picking on him.

:-( Yea guys stop picking on me!




Apr 5 2011, 7:16 pm Inject Post #13



Quote from Vrael
You can check out any time you like, but, you can never leave . . . .
Hotel California? :O



None.

Apr 5 2011, 8:53 pm ScaleMatrix Post #14



Thanks all. I really appreciate it!



None.

Apr 5 2011, 9:09 pm OlimarandLouie Post #15



Welcome, I have multiple personality disorder. We'll get along nicely.



None.

Apr 5 2011, 10:56 pm Generalpie Post #16

Staredit Puckwork

Quote from OlimarandLouie
Welcome, I have multiple personality disorder. We'll get along nicely.
hence olimar AND louie



None.

Apr 5 2011, 10:58 pm DevliN Post #17

Woah

You don't want to be around on his Louie days.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Apr 5 2011, 11:06 pm Generalpie Post #18

Staredit Puckwork

Quote from DevliN
You don't want to be around on his Louie days.
he throws me in the closet and beats me senselessly till i look like... like :boxed:



None.

Apr 6 2011, 1:47 am ScaleMatrix Post #19



Oh no....I guess I better run for dem hills. Speaking of which I'm going to winter park in colorado for 3 days thursday



None.

Apr 7 2011, 5:05 am Sand Wraith Post #20



I'm one of the main contributors of the hentai forum. Nice to meet you.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
[2026-9-24. : 8:12 pm]
Ultraviolet -- do you even lift bro?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Alfredilla