Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Detection without the Detector Tag
Detection without the Detector Tag
Mar 29 2011, 4:30 pm
By: Khalanil  

Mar 29 2011, 4:30 pm Khalanil Post #1



It appears to be impossible to add any behavior which bestows non-zero detection without the yellow "detector" label showing up in the unit's information. If a value of -1 or > 0 is placed in the "detection range" property, the "detector" label will show up.

I'm trying to find the best workaround to solve my problem. Specifically, I'm wanting to have a unit able to detect hallucinations but not cloaked/burrowed units without the yellow "detector" label showing up. Does anyone have any thoughts on the best solution for:
1) Simple two team gameplay (simple detection of enemy unit allowed)
2) FFA gameplay (detection needs to be enforced for each player)



None.

Mar 29 2011, 10:50 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

You could add the detector behavior to an item unit and add the behavior on the item. That may work.

But how does that help you to make a detector that only detects hallucinations?
You could add behaviors to hallucinations that they are detected that tint the colossus.
But I don't think that this would be only visible by the player.
Maybe attach a model to the unit with the behavior...

uhm... maybe I have more ideas tomorrow...




Mar 29 2011, 10:55 pm Khalanil Post #3



Quote from Ahli
You could add the detector behavior to an item unit and add the behavior on the item. That may work.
I believe that items bestow behaviors to the units holding them. It's pretty much the same as just giving the unit itself the behavior in the end.

Quote from Ahli
But how does that help you to make a detector that only detects hallucinations?
That part's trivial. It can be done by modifying the detection filters.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet