Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Terrain not in map Preview
Terrain not in map Preview
Mar 12 2011, 12:27 am
By: FireStarter  

Mar 12 2011, 12:27 am FireStarter Post #1



Hey guys

I finished my map.

and when i posted it on sc2 i went to look at it
I can see the water the start positions has and minerals

but i can't see the terrain in the map preview.

any help?



None.

Mar 12 2011, 12:47 am Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from FireStarter
Hey guys

I finished my map.

and when i posted it on sc2 i went to look at it
I can see the water the start positions has and minerals

but i can't see the terrain in the map preview.

any help?
Hmm, try reupload first.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 12 2011, 1:08 am FireStarter Post #3



Did it

i even tried to use a custom image
and i imported the image
and in the importer it shows me a preview of the image

an when i log into SC to see it

my map image is all green with some text at the top that says "img"

i just want my map preview so show the terrain i made. Search the map
it's called

SCD - FMP

You will see what i mean
i uploaded it 5 times already



None.

Mar 12 2011, 1:49 am payne Post #4

:payne:

The uploaded image has to be of square dimensions and the file type (extension) must be .tga



None.

Mar 12 2011, 4:17 am Jack Post #5

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Ahhh, I thought you meant you couldn't see the terrain INGAME. Anyway, I've had trouble with it not displaying the terrain preview picture properly when you use different textures for the terrain.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 15 2011, 12:10 am FireStarter Post #6



that's my issue jack

when you search for maps and you see mine

the terrain is just black. and i gave it nice brushes and what not.

take a look the map is called SCD-FMP



None.

Mar 15 2011, 9:20 am Jack Post #7

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

OK, open the editor, create a new blank map, exit the blank map without exiting the editor (the X at the top right but not the one to close the editor) then open the map causing problems. If that doesn't work, go over the map with the Same Cliff Level terrain brush. You could also try deleting minimap.tga using MPQ editing (don't think the editor lets you delete it.) The wiki has some information about MPQ editing if you don't know how to do that.

It's also possible your lighting settings have messed it up, try resetting those and editing from there. But I doubt this is your problem.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet