Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Editing the tech tree GUI
Editing the tech tree GUI
Mar 10 2011, 11:16 am
By: TF-  

Mar 10 2011, 11:16 am TF- Post #1

🤙🏾

How do you even go about doing this?
I'm talking about the tech tree representation you see when hitting F12 ingame, they buffed it in the latest patches so it looks better but I can't see a trigger/data method for changing anything, is it defined in some kind of hidden XML file?



🤙🏾

Mar 10 2011, 11:50 am NicholasBeige Post #2



Most of it is handled through the Unit data object in the data editor - I believe. But it might be possible to edit this manually through the uiLayout files. Not 100% sure though.



None.

Mar 10 2011, 12:50 pm TF- Post #3

🤙🏾

The only thing I could change from the data editor is what units are displayed under a production building, nothing else like the buildings' placement in the diagram or what buildings appear in the first place.
Where should I look to see if it's in a layout file?



🤙🏾

Mar 10 2011, 8:19 pm Jack Post #4

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

http://www.galaxywiki.net/index.php?title=UI_Editing it's incomplete, but on the list there are TechGlossaryPanel and TechTreePanel. I assume it'll be TechTreePanel.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 13 2011, 12:56 pm TF- Post #5

🤙🏾

Hey thanks, I managed to extract the TechTreePanel layout following that guide but I'm not sure if I'm importing the edited one right, I'd like to use the UI - Custom Layout Files method so I tried that but nothing happens, are you supposed to import the files with a special path or something? Tried both UI/Layout/UI and just a random folder but no go.



🤙🏾

Mar 13 2011, 2:21 pm Ahli Post #6

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Import the SC2Layout files with the correct filename to the following path "UI/Layout/UI".




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet