Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Selected Unit?
Selected Unit?
Feb 21 2011, 12:35 am
By: Deev  

Feb 21 2011, 12:35 am Deev Post #1



Gaaah, I am tryin to use the trigger "Set unit color" and the "change unit propperty" but I can't get a way, to have it do it on, a selected unit!? .. Gaaah, I tried creating another trigger called "player selects unit" store that unit, and THEN do it on that variable unit. Anyone?! :(



None.

Feb 21 2011, 3:16 am Riney Post #2

Thigh high affectionado

If you put the unit into a unit group when it is spawned, youll have the location of the unit you need to change at all times. To do this, make a variable and change it to Unit Group, then set the variable to Last Created Unit after making the unit using a trigger. Then calling up the unit is a breeze.

Use the Set Unit Color action, then make it look like this


Set (Random Living unit from My Unit Group (Or whatever you define)) team color to (Player ##) Whatever


For the first option, choose Random Unit from Unit Group, and then assign the unit group to the next field it asks for, then the color to whatever. Same goes for the change unit property action.



.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Feb 21 2011, 3:29 am Roy Post #3

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Are you trying to get the effect when a player selects the unit? I'm assuming you tried using the Unit is Selected event, but it didn't work?

SelectedColors
    Events
        Unit Selection - Any Unit is Selected by player Any Player
    Local Variables
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Set (Triggering unit) team color to (Current player (Triggering player) color)

(Sets the color of the selected unit to the color of the player that selects it)

If the above didn't work, you can try using a unit group, like Riney suggested. However, I would just use the "Selected Units" function to get the unit group.

SelectedColors
    Events
        ------- Your event here. If you want it to happen constantly, use Periodic Event with a low interval.
    Local Variables
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick each unit in (Selected units for player 1) and do (Actions)
            Actions
                Unit - Set (Picked unit) team color to (Player 13) Light Green





Feb 22 2011, 12:20 am Riney Post #4

Thigh high affectionado

Either way works for one unit, though Roy's method is much better for multiple units.



.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet