Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Warp In Units
Warp In Units
Feb 11 2011, 10:56 pm
By: StarBlue  

Feb 11 2011, 10:56 pm StarBlue Post #1



I have seen basic tuorials on makig cinematics and am currently making one. I was searching through the triggers and my mind melted... Could someone please tell me how to create a unit using the wargate's "Warp In" effect?



None.

Feb 11 2011, 11:15 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

In the campaign dependency there is a superwarpgate (you can hide it in the preplaced unit's options) and an invisible pylon.
Together you should warp in every Protoss unit. You need to order the supergateway with triggers.

You can also order it for a neutral player and give the unit to the owner during the warp in animation, I guess...

Not all units show that warp in animation. So you may have to add something in data to call the warp in ability. :S
Some have the warp in animation removed with the Liberty.muli dependecy.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 11 2011, 11:27 pm by Ahli.




Feb 11 2011, 11:26 pm StarBlue Post #3



I also forgot to emntion that I only know how to work cameras and order units to do stuff... So how do I do this?



None.

Feb 11 2011, 11:41 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Have a look at the campaign mission TZeratul04.
There they used that building to warp in reinforcements in their scripted events.

In Mothership spawn trigger you can see another way to do that.

They placed the superwarpgate on the left side of the map.




Feb 12 2011, 2:35 am StarBlue Post #5



I only found "activate Hero Way Gate" and a bunch of hero death triggers... could someone just... err, I'm not sure how you could show me, video? explanation?



None.

Feb 14 2011, 9:12 pm Devourer Post #6

Hello

Easy. Place the Super-Warpgate somewhere on the map, preferable in a hidden spot. Add a pylon there to support it with energy.

Trigger "Issue order to unit" with Parameters:
Unit : Super Warp Gate
Order Type: Order POINT
Order : Super Warp Gate - Warp in UNIT
Queue : Replace existing orders.


If you are having problems I'd recommend to take a look at the basics again.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Feb 14 2011, 9:17 pm StarBlue Post #7



Ok, but how do you place it outside of map borders?



None.

Feb 14 2011, 9:21 pm Devourer Post #8

Hello

Not needed. Though it should be possible while holding shift.

However: in the Data-Editor you can hide the Warpgate and set their placement-conditions to "(Nothing)".



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Feb 14 2011, 9:28 pm StarBlue Post #9



Set the placement to (Nothing)? Creepy... Phantom Warpgate, just might work XD

EDIT: It won't let warp in units from it for some reason D:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 14 2011, 10:04 pm by StarBlue. Reason: Double Post



None.

Feb 15 2011, 12:13 am DevliN Post #10

Woah

Can't you just play the warp in effect on the model of the unit using triggers?



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet