Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Removing Storms?
Removing Storms?
Jan 13 2011, 9:28 am
By: payne  

Jan 13 2011, 9:28 am payne Post #1

:payne:

I'm searching for a way to remove spells already casted if ever certain conditions are met in order to prevent them from hurting anything as soon those conditions are met.
If possible, give me an example with Psionic Storm. :)



None.

Jan 13 2011, 11:34 am NicholasBeige Post #2



I'm not entirely sure what you're asking... I'll teach you grammar for 50 minerals an hour and then help you with data editor stuff for 125 minerals an hour?

Edit: to take a stab in the dark, I would think you should look at Validators. They are basic If, Then, Else statements in data-editor format. I think Psi Storm checks periodically for units in an area to apply a damage buff to, but if they already have the damage buff on them then it is not applied again.

Something like Create Persistent>Search Area>Apply Behaviour (validator)>Damage

Not entirely sure how the apply behaviour fits into it since I dont have SC2 available to me right now, but I think the Validator checks for the Buff - since I remember units getting psi stormed display a buff on their unit portrait things.



None.

Jan 13 2011, 5:08 pm payne Post #3

:payne:

Let's put it in a simple way: if I move a group of units to a certain locations, and there is a storm already casted at this position, I do not want the storm to damage the moved units.



None.

Jan 13 2011, 5:30 pm NicholasBeige Post #4



I would still think you should look at Validators.

Or maybe an aura which removes the damage effect - nope. The damage effect is applied at the same time as the Buff. Turns out the Buff is applied only as a way to stop units already taking damage from one Psi Storm - ie. Storm damages don't stack.

Why do you want to do this anyway?

Edit: Create an ability which applies the Psi Storm Damage buff to your moving units. Or do it through the trigger action Add Behaviour.



None.

Jan 13 2011, 6:03 pm payne Post #5

:payne:

Quote
Edit: Create an ability which applies the Psi Storm Damage buff to your moving units. Or do it through the trigger action Add Behaviour.
Are you 100% sure this will prevent it from damaging units? Wouldn't it damage them even if there aren't any storm instead? :/



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet