Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Custom Weapon Animation Woes
Custom Weapon Animation Woes
Jan 12 2011, 3:51 am
By: Rathmec  

Jan 12 2011, 3:51 am Rathmec Post #1



It's always the simple things that elude me... :><:

I've managed to blunder around the Data Editor and figure things out on my own so far but this has been dogging me for over twenty four hours. I've created a custom unit based on the Thor and, very originally, named him The Hammer. Everything duplicates nicely. However, as soon as I remove the Thor weapon and set in his custom - and brilliantly named - Hammer Cannon (Thor's ground weapon with the ground target requirement removed), I lose the "muzzle flash". Every other animation is there and the weapon functions as desired, but the little muzzle flash that comes from the arm cannons is gone and only that.

I can't figure out what's missing that this small piece of the puzzle falls out. Actor? Effect? Behavior? Beats me.



None.

Jan 12 2011, 3:57 am DevliN Post #2

Woah

It should be in the "Events" of the Actor.

Basically the Events are like small triggers that activate when abilities or behaviors or whatever are turned on, off, started, or ended.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Jan 12 2011, 4:32 am Rathmec Post #3



After some meddling, it would actually seem the Thor "Hand Gun" impact and launch models have no association with the customized weapon. Not sure how to go about correcting that.



None.

Jan 12 2011, 7:53 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Muzzle flash and explosions on the target are mostly attack actor stuff...

Have a look at the thor's attack actor. Most important are the 3 separated fields on top of the table.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet