Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: actor animation events
actor animation events
Jan 5 2011, 9:19 pm
By: Ahli  

Jan 5 2011, 9:19 pm Ahli Post #1

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Atm I'm modifieing a Scientist model's actor.
With the predefined settings I'm able to make the unit run, walk and wounded, scared.

How can I change the actor's walk setting to be the wounded run animation of the scientist?
Preferable with Events...

I guess I have to fill the other fields because the animation property consists out of 3. :S




Jan 5 2011, 9:21 pm NicholasBeige Post #2



I am an actor-events noob but I don't think you can have an actor play multiple animations at once.

If that's even what you're asking?

I've been trying to make an Immortal play it's attack animation while walking and it simply doesn't do it through actor events.



None.

Jan 5 2011, 9:33 pm Ahli Post #3

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

It's not 2 animations. It's a special animation.
The scientist has more than 50 animations. A few are related to wounded group and a few are related to scared.
e.g.
Behavior.DummyRun.On
-> AnimGroupApply Fast
will make the unit run instead of walk.

Behavior.DummyWound.On
-> AnimGroupApply Wound
makes the unit play the wounded animation sets...

You have to remove the groups to have the default group again.

But I would like add the "wounded run" animation to the group now.




Jan 5 2011, 9:52 pm NicholasBeige Post #4



I see... Can't help you mate, sorry :D

Maybe you can help me with this:

I've created a Data-Editor Leap Ability, and basically it's just a Launch Missile (Zealot) that flies through the air in an arc, and then when it hits the impact, the teleport effect happens.

Is there a Data-Editor way of 'hiding' the original zealot as soon as the ability is cast? Because right now it just looks like this zealot throws another zealot in the air and then switches places :D]

Edit: Set Opacity 1.0 seemed to work for when he cast the ability. But when the Effect happened, Clear Opacity didn't make my zealot reappear, and now he doesn't disapear at all!

Edit2 : Nevermind, made it work :D

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 5 2011, 10:06 pm by Cardinal.



None.

Jan 6 2011, 5:36 pm Temp Post #5



I am not sure where you see the wounded run animations at. The scientist uses the same animations as colonists which is a set of 23 different animations and the only other walking animation is run fast. In the events for the scientist actor it shows you can apply a wounded behaviour which slows down the unit and is the same for all colonist based units.



None.

Jan 6 2011, 6:44 pm NicholasBeige Post #6



Hmm, I've been looking at the scientist actors events and it's confusing me.

I am not entirely sure you can change his 'default walking' - have you considered doing a work-a-round - so that you just apply this behaviour which causes him to walk 'differently', but make the flags of the behaviour hidden?

Actor events are gay.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 6 2011, 6:52 pm by Cardinal.



None.

Jan 6 2011, 7:22 pm Ahli Post #7

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Temp
I am not sure where you see the wounded run animations at. The scientist uses the same animations as colonists which is a set of 23 different animations and the only other walking animation is run fast. In the events for the scientist actor it shows you can apply a wounded behaviour which slows down the unit and is the same for all colonist based units.
Proof that the animation exists!
Dependencies are Liberty campaign + Liberty mod patch 1.1.3.
I guess that I don't have more ressources because my Version is GER... ;D




Jan 6 2011, 11:44 pm Temp Post #8



That is messed up. On mine the actual model has no animations and it uses the animation file for the colonist.


Anyway for the actual problem I would try changing the animation baseline and the walk index to whatever animation you want.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet