Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Third Person Camera
Third Person Camera
Jan 1 2011, 8:39 pm
By: Vincent  

Jan 1 2011, 8:39 pm Vincent Post #1



I have no idea on how to go about this, I need the camera to follow a unit in third person view and to beable to change 180degrees on the press of a hotkey.

F = Front
B = Back

If you have any info that might help me please do.
I've tried messing with the camera triggers that make the camera look at the unit but it's not what I want and doesn't have options to put it at angles/distance.



None.

Jan 2 2011, 3:40 am LoveLess Post #2

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from Vincent
I have no idea on how to go about this, I need the camera to follow a unit in third person view and to beable to change 180degrees on the press of a hotkey.

F = Front
B = Back

If you have any info that might help me please do.
I've tried messing with the camera triggers that make the camera look at the unit but it's not what I want and doesn't have options to put it at angles/distance.
The only way I have found to make a Third Person camera work the way we all want it to, is to refresh the centering of the camera on the selected unit if and when it moves. If you want multiple directions for the camera, as I have yet to find how to trigger the Yaw on the fly, set up multiple camera objects focused on the same unit but with different initial settings and transition between them. Sorry for the inconvenience, but if I get stuck, I just make workarounds.



None.

Jan 2 2011, 8:04 pm payne Post #3

:payne:

Look for "WASD" and "Custom Camera" (or "Third Person") on GalaxyWiki.net



None.

Jan 2 2011, 8:26 pm Roy Post #4

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from LoveLess
... I have yet to find how to trigger the Yaw on the fly...
Couldn't you just offset the camera by panning while having it look at the same point?




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet