Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Custom Upgrades
Custom Upgrades
Jan 1 2011, 5:14 pm
By: lilneo  

Jan 1 2011, 5:14 pm lilneo Post #1



Okay so I've been doing a bit of research, but what I would like is to have 255 upgrades like in the original. I initially tried changing the data part of it but that didn't turn out too well so I restored it and now I see you can change upgrade statuses through triggers. But I don't need/want this. I would like to just change the amount of upgrades something has. Do I need to make another 200 something data entries like there is one for each upgrade level already in the data? Or is there a faster way?

~lilneo

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jan 1 2011, 11:54 pm by lilneo.



None.

Jan 6 2011, 4:47 pm Temp Post #2



Not sure how relevant this still is but it should work. http://www.stardepot.org/17/repeatable-upgrades



None.

Jan 25 2011, 3:09 am doite Post #3



Mate i see you didnt really get a respons for this.
Well first off im unsure what your even asking, which maybe is the reason for the lack of answors, but do you mean that you want an upgrade with 255 levels? If so its very possible. And no you dont have to repeat 255 times=)

Throughout the course of the editor they have changed the amount of maximum levels you can have, but its allwas twinkable. I beleive i heard from another mate, which we had a similar conversation, that they have now, again, set it to 255 as max (instead of 100 - sc2 max).

If this is true you only have to "set max level" 255.
If this is not possible its due to the caps of 100 still.

Then you have to make 3. 1 one, when upgrade count <= 100 hide upgrade 1 -> showupgrade 2 (which should look the same) (its a requirement im talking about btw). Then <=200 -> hide upgrade 2 show upgrade 3.

Theres also a way to make it upgradeable. Meaning u make the upgrade lessen the upgrade without effecting the... upgrade. Anyway, let me know if this is what you ment (with the 255 levels of upgrades) and i can tell you how / check



None.

Jan 27 2011, 3:08 am Riney Post #4

Thigh high affectionado

If this was posted in the right section you may have gotten a faster response. I had the same problem http://www.staredit.net/topic/13227/unread/#special



.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet