Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: FoW Revealer
FoW Revealer
Jan 1 2011, 3:37 pm
By: lilneo  

Jan 1 2011, 3:37 pm lilneo Post #1



Okay so I'm not new to mapping from sc1, made a lot of amazing maps in the day and I've decided to get back into it for sc2 and try recreating some of my original maps. Problem is, I can't figure out shit in sc2 editor. I'm fairly good with it with the data and terrain and stuff because I've spent some time screwing around... But there is one thing bugging me, I am sure there is some stupidly easy way to do it, but I just can't figure it out. That is, removing the Fog of War, or doing the equivalent of what Map Revealers did in sc1. Basically because I am making a bunker defense and I need entire map vision. Anyone care to help?

Edit: found it, "Environment - Enable/Disable Fog"

God damn triggers being so powerful now >=(

Edit2: Uhhh, didn't work... Dafuk. Any ideas?

~lilneo

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 1 2011, 3:46 pm by lilneo.



None.

Jan 1 2011, 3:53 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

VisRevealArea(1,(RegionEntireMap()),32767.0,false)

You reveal the terrain/units in a region.

edit:
That is a trigger action and I'm postin the internal trigger language because my editor is German.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 1 2011, 4:23 pm by Ahli.




Jan 1 2011, 3:54 pm Biophysicist Post #3



Use a player loop, and call Create Revealer with Picked Player and Entire Map as the arguments.

EDIT: Lol, ninja'd. I'm leaving mine up because it's more useful for people who use the GUI for triggers.



None.

Jan 1 2011, 4:01 pm lilneo Post #4



Thanks to both of you, unfortunately I'm still working on my trigger skills... I am a programmer in c++ and a few other languages. So I would be able to learn the trigger 'language' very easily. But, Ahli, where do I put that code?

Another quick question, I'm placing units right. Then I want to change back to the selection mode to move/change properties of units. How do I do this?

~lilneo



None.

Jan 1 2011, 4:06 pm Biophysicist Post #5



I actually don't know where you use text triggers, but GUI triggers (which are the same thing, just displayed differently) you should know about... I'll get you a screenshot of what you should put.

To go back to select mode, hit space bar. (And, if you hit it again, it will go back to placement mode with the same unit.)



None.

Jan 1 2011, 4:07 pm lilneo Post #6



Thanks, and don't get me wrong I was great with triggers. Making random maps and shit, but like these new triggers are a bitch. Gona take a bit longer to learn these.
~lilneo



None.

Jan 1 2011, 4:10 pm Biophysicist Post #7



Screenshot attached.

Attachments:
mapreveal.png
Hits: 2 Size: 24.26kb



None.

Jan 1 2011, 4:15 pm lilneo Post #8



Thanks so much, worked great.
~lilneo



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet