Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: A Friendly Proposal
A Friendly Proposal
Dec 31 2010, 3:25 pm
By: Biophysicist  

Dec 31 2010, 3:25 pm Biophysicist Post #1



Okay. I'm bored. And when I get bored I do stuff in the editor. But atm I'm out of stuff to do. So... I'm going to take requests. I'll do the first three things that intrigue me. My main strengths are spells (or unusual attack forms - eg this unit I made for Iskatu that uses a targeting drone that must track its target for four seconds before the main ship can attack). (I can also do stuff like micromanagement AI for these spells.) But I'm not limited to them.

Anyway if you have some complicated piece of editor work you want to out-source, this is your thread.



None.

Dec 31 2010, 4:40 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Make a unit only be able to shot at units that it can see with her own eyes.

Application case: disables the ability of unit A shooting through walls onto units C who the unit A can "see" with the help of other units B.

In my case: my Archer monsters A shot at my hero C if my hero C is spotted by another monster B. My Archers A are "stupid", so they are attacking through the wall.




Dec 31 2010, 11:01 pm payne Post #3

:payne:

http://www.staredit.net/273611/

kthxbai. :awesome:
/2 lazy

EDIT:
Oh, and if you could help me over this. :3

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 31 2010, 11:09 pm by payne.



None.

Jan 1 2011, 5:01 pm ImagoDeo Post #4



How about a ballistic missile ability that launches almost straight up and travels in a large dynamic parabola to any place on the map, where it explodes violently?



None.

Jan 1 2011, 11:26 pm DevliN Post #5

Woah

Quote from ImagoDeo
How about a ballistic missile ability that launches almost straight up and travels in a large dynamic parabola to any place on the map, where it explodes violently?
If I increased the range to a huge amount, this is essentially how my SEN Arena hero's ult would be. Messing around with Movers is great.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet