Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Rotate a units turret - Triggeres
Rotate a units turret - Triggeres
Dec 26 2010, 4:44 pm
By: NicholasBeige  

Dec 26 2010, 4:44 pm NicholasBeige Post #1





The first Msg it sends is this: AttachSetPosition {TurretZ} 23.0, 45.0, 9.5

23.0 = Unit X position
45.0 = Unit Y Position
9.5 = Terrain height at Unit Position + Turret Offset (0.5)

The second Msg it sends is this: AttachSetRotation {TurretZ} 0.9, -0.6
0.9 = (Position of mouse click X - X Unit Position)
-0.6 = (Position of mouse click Y - Y Unit Position)

Any helps please? It just doesn't work like it's supposed to. The turret doesn't detach from the unit model (which is apparently what it's supposed to do if you give it a AttachSetRotation message. Which is why there is the AttachSetPosition message also. Any helpz plox



None.

Dec 26 2010, 5:03 pm NicholasBeige Post #2





This is something like what the outcome should be. You'll notice how jittery the turret is because of it being detached and AttachSetPosition having to manually update it's location.

I guess I'll either wait for a reply in here or wait for patch 1.3 to come out with Mouse-Location functionality....

Even thought it's already possible using a custom trigger library with lots of custom functions etc...
It'll just be easier when Blizzard allow us to use GetMousePosition(x,y)




None.

Dec 26 2010, 11:18 pm doite Post #3



Well there is another way. Make the tank be able to attack while moving. Then create a unit which is invisable and which the tank tries to attack. Move the unit depending on the yaw of the camera with an ofset from tank. There u have a rotating tank turret



None.

Dec 27 2010, 5:39 pm NicholasBeige Post #4



And what happens when there are 4 players, each with a tank, with each spawning this 'invisable' unit at their cursors periodically? How will each tank know which target is for it to shoot at. And how about making the tanks turret face where this unit is? I'd have to go through the long-winded process of GetMousePosition through a huge trigger library, which is exactly what I don't want to do. Since this will lag loads for anything more than 1 player - until Blizzard release patch 1.3.

No thanks - I'd rather do this properly.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 27 2010, 6:45 pm by Cardinal.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet