Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [Solved] Sharing Unit from Different Players
[Solved] Sharing Unit from Different Players
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Dec 3 2010, 5:11 am
By: payne  

Dec 3 2010, 5:11 am payne Post #1

:payne:

I'd like to be able to detect which player is missing (or has quit), and make his Hero unit (he has only 1) shared with all players, yet still detecting this Hero as being owned by this missing player. :O

EDIT: And while we're at it, what's wrong with this trigger? It gives me an error related to the event (something like 'EventDialog')?
http://vgshorts.com/BBCode/BBCode3.php?ID=221



None.

Dec 3 2010, 5:43 am NicholasBeige Post #2



I thought you were good with triggers? LOL!

The error message tells you, in plain english what was wrong with it... You are using an event-dialog, where non exists.

Dialog - Disable (Used dialog item) for (Player group((Triggering player)))


as for the detection of the player leaving and blah blah i don't know...



None.

Dec 3 2010, 5:59 am payne Post #3

:payne:

Quote from name:Cardinal
I thought you were good with triggers? LOL!

The error message tells you, in plain english what was wrong with it... You are using an event-dialog, where non exists.

Dialog - Disable (Used dialog item) for (Player group((Triggering player)))


as for the detection of the player leaving and blah blah i don't know...
LOL! Fail from me. I copy-pasted the trigger from elsewhere... didn't look carefully. :><:

Anyways, still needing help for the main problem about sharing units, guys! :teehee:



None.

Dec 3 2010, 6:39 am Roy Post #4

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

PlayerLeaves
    Events
        Player - Player Any Player leaves the game with Any
    Local Variables
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick each player in (All players) and do (Actions)
            Actions
                Player - Turn player (Triggering player) Shared Control On towards player (Picked player)

Tada?

Edit: I might have (Triggering player) and (Picked player) backwards; the wording is ambiguous and the description does not provide clarity. If it seems to do nothing, switch the two players and see if it works.




Dec 3 2010, 6:59 am payne Post #5

:payne:

Okay, thanks. Now, what about if the player just isn't there from the very start of the game? :/
(I guess it's an easy one, but my brain is off and it's 2 AM.)



None.

Dec 3 2010, 3:01 pm Roy Post #6

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

It's a little trickier, because there is no "Inactive Players" group; you have to make it yourself. And then you have two pick loops for active and inactive players, which means you need to use a variable on the outer loop to hold the first player group.

Initialization
    Events
        Game - Map initialization
    Local Variables
        ActivePlayer = 0 <Integer>
        InactivePlayers = (Empty player group) <Player Group>
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick each player in (All players) and do (Actions)
            Actions
                General - If (Conditions) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
                    If
                        (Status of player (Picked player)) != Playing
                    Then
                        Player Group - Add player (Picked player) to InactivePlayers
                    Else
        Player Group - Pick each player in (Active Players) and do (Actions)
            Actions
                Variable - Set ActivePlayer = (Picked player)
                Player Group - Pick each player in InactivePlayers and do (Actions)
                    Actions
                        Player - Turn player ActivePlayer Shared Control On towards player (Picked player)

Again, you might have to swap "ActivePlayer" and "(Picked player)" on the last line there; I can't test this code in a solo game.

Also, I'm not sure if SCII removes all inactive players' units automatically from the start of the game, but be aware that empty slots may have some differing functionality on map initialization.




Dec 3 2010, 7:27 pm payne Post #7

:payne:

Thanks.
For information: " Player - Turn player ActivePlayer Shared Control On towards player (Picked player)" was the proper syntax. :)



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet