Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Add Behavior Delay?
Add Behavior Delay?
Nov 28 2010, 5:31 am
By: payne  

Nov 28 2010, 5:31 am payne Post #1

:payne:

Are there any reasons why the "Add Behavior (Player)" action would not complete itself if the trigger that contains it is triggered many times, very fast?
What triggers it in my case is the fact that the players click a button, and if the player has enough resources, it subtract resources and add behavior to his unit. The player can thus spam the button as much as he want.



None.

Nov 28 2010, 6:01 am Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

It might be a problem of adding the same behavior many times. Have you tried using a conditional to prevent adding the behavior if it is already added? Or, if you want it to be re-added, remove the behavior if it already exists first?

There's no reason for the trigger not to work on the basis that it is running several times in a short amount of time; maybe the engine just doesn't know how to properly handle this action in rapid succession.

If all else fails, put a cooldown on the button.




Nov 28 2010, 6:55 am payne Post #3

:payne:

Quote from Roy
It might be a problem of adding the same behavior many times. Have you tried using a conditional to prevent adding the behavior if it is already added? Or, if you want it to be re-added, remove the behavior if it already exists first?

There's no reason for the trigger not to work on the basis that it is running several times in a short amount of time; maybe the engine just doesn't know how to properly handle this action in rapid succession.

If all else fails, put a cooldown on the button.
1) The Behaviors are supposed to stack infinitely.
2) Cooldown was the solution I had thought of, but it's extremely unprofessional. :/



None.

Nov 28 2010, 7:06 am Roy Post #4

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from payne
2) Cooldown was the solution I had thought of, but it's extremely unprofessional. :/
You could do a cooldown under the covers, adding each button click to a queue, and then running through the queue at a controlled speed.

Are you absolutely certain it is the rapidness of the action causing the problem? Does it stack the behavior properly at a more casual pace?

What is the behavior, and how do you know that it does not complete properly?




Nov 28 2010, 1:32 pm payne Post #5

:payne:

http://www.staredit.net/starcraft2maps/47-Swarmed-Heroes

You can just download this, and in the triggers, look into for: Store -> Purchase -> Buy
Also, I am not 100% sure the trigger doesn't work, it's Lial that reported this bug saying he bought 4 upgrades, but only received 1. :/



None.

Nov 28 2010, 2:08 pm Ahli Post #6

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Does he know that the upgrade is added onto a random unit he controls?




Nov 28 2010, 6:37 pm payne Post #7

:payne:

Quote from Ahli
Does he know that the upgrade is added onto a random unit he controls?
But players control only one unit, in the case it's a Full House. :/



None.

Nov 28 2010, 7:23 pm aalleecc248 Post #8



He was a tank and probably had those little photon cannon projectiles on him. :P



None.

Nov 28 2010, 9:13 pm Temp Post #9



Lol payne, way to go making assumptions :P Just put the selected hero into a variable when chosen and always use that.



None.

Nov 28 2010, 11:36 pm payne Post #10

:payne:

Temp, the Charges are player-owned? :O



None.

Nov 28 2010, 11:39 pm Temp Post #11



Yes they are, I never saw a reason they shouldn't be.



None.

Nov 28 2010, 11:57 pm payne Post #12

:payne:

Should be fixed. :3
I haven't tested it though.
I changed "Unit matching condition" to "Unit from Unit Group matching condition", and the unit group contains only the Heroes. >:D



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur