Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Exported WoW Models
Exported WoW Models
Nov 27 2010, 2:16 am
By: DevliN  

Nov 27 2010, 2:16 am DevliN Post #1

Woah

The following is a compilation of exported WoW models that you can import in your SC2 maps if you'd want new models to play around with.

To learn how to import these models into your maps, you can find a tutorial here.



You can make requests, though I don't know how long it will take to meet said requests. Just keep that in mind.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 27 2010, 2:23 am by DevliN.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Nov 27 2010, 11:30 am Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Thanks man ;D




Nov 27 2010, 9:08 pm DevliN Post #3

Woah

I don't know if you saw the note, but for some reason only their idle poses were exported. I'll have to re-export and upload them with animations that also fit SC2's naming methodology (i.e. using "Attack 01" or "Attack 03" or something rather than "Attack1H"). When I re-upload them, I'll send you a PM about it. :)



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Nov 27 2010, 9:50 pm Tempz Post #4



very nice devlin keep up the good work with the model conversion



None.

Nov 27 2010, 10:14 pm payne Post #5

:payne:

Quote from DevliN
I don't know if you saw the note, but for some reason only their idle poses were exported. I'll have to re-export and upload them with animations that also fit SC2's naming methodology (i.e. using "Attack 01" or "Attack 03" or something rather than "Attack1H"). When I re-upload them, I'll send you a PM about it. :)
Does this mean our Wiki isn't right? Or would require an update of any sort? ;D



None.

Nov 27 2010, 11:57 pm NicholasBeige Post #6



Yo Devlin, are you simply using an .mpq extractor and then converting the models to the format recognised by Starcraft 2? If that's the case I could probably help you out (I have all the tools). Only problem is that my copy of WoW is at my home in Edinburgh and I won't be able to get it before Christmas.



None.

Nov 28 2010, 12:33 am DevliN Post #7

Woah

Quote from payne
Quote from DevliN
I don't know if you saw the note, but for some reason only their idle poses were exported. I'll have to re-export and upload them with animations that also fit SC2's naming methodology (i.e. using "Attack 01" or "Attack 03" or something rather than "Attack1H"). When I re-upload them, I'll send you a PM about it. :)
Does this mean our Wiki isn't right? Or would require an update of any sort? ;D
What? It means that the terminology used for the animations in WoW is different than in SC2. I just have to rename the animations to match those used in SC2, simple as that. I don't get where you see anything having to do with our Wiki being changed or something.

Quote from name:Cardinal
Yo Devlin, are you simply using an .mpq extractor and then converting the models to the format recognised by Starcraft 2? If that's the case I could probably help you out (I have all the tools). Only problem is that my copy of WoW is at my home in Edinburgh and I won't be able to get it before Christmas.
No, I'm using the WoW Model Viewer and exporting .m3 files from there.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Dec 1 2010, 8:52 pm Jack Post #8

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Just thought I'd point out that there are these ones done as well:
http://www.staredit.net/galaxyedit/unit/11.Black%20Zombie%20[WoW]
http://www.staredit.net/galaxyedit/unit/13.White%20Zombie%20[WoW]
http://www.staredit.net/galaxyedit/unit/12.Green%20Zombie%20[WoW]
Links need [WoW] added to them because of bbcode failz.
I should probably zip them up with their textures and make it a pack, maybe when I have a bit of time. I'd like to request any zombie-style stuff from WoW, or undead or creepy monsters, unless there's over 9000 of them. Dunno what WoW has in terms of that stuff.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur