Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Disabled Features
Disabled Features
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Nov 17 2010, 1:52 am
By: payne  

Nov 17 2010, 1:52 am payne Post #1

:payne:

Do you mind starting to enable the features back? MySQLs still happen so it's probably not them. :/
I want the "User location" and "Quick Search" back at least. :(



None.

Nov 17 2010, 6:35 am DevliN Post #2

Woah

I believe some of the things that were removed/disabled were also for performance reasons, not just MySQL.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Nov 17 2010, 12:17 pm CaptainWill Post #3



Are cookies being set properly? When I tick "remember me" on login, I'm logged out again within a few hours.

Nevermind, I just saw the bug thread.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 17 2010, 12:23 pm by CaptainWill.



None.

Nov 17 2010, 1:53 pm poison_us Post #4

Master has given Dobby a doctorate! Dobby is free!

Performance is hit-or-miss for me. Roughly a quarter of the time, the MySQLs still happen after about one minute of trying to load a page. The other three-quarters, SEN loads faster than it used to, but still takes a second or more.

IMO, it's funny that when I joined SEN, we had most of these features, and nobody cared about the performance, because it was good enough. SEN never had MySQL errors, so it must be a recent invention of Devourer to plague us and give him an excuse to return on occasion [/conspiracytheory].





Nov 24 2010, 3:56 am payne Post #5

:payne:

By the way, I believe I've never seen the "members in this topic" feature disabled.
And as we all know, that "italic" thingy isn't working, but you should still try to disable it as well.
Same for the main forum's "People online in the last 15 minutes" feature.

Once you'll have tested this all, can I get my "User's location" and "Quick Search" features back? :3



None.

Nov 24 2010, 4:49 am DevliN Post #6

Woah

...what? Why would we disable those?

EDIT:
Forget it, this is a waste. Everything will be re-enabled when it is re-enabled.

/Closed.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
[2026-9-24. : 8:12 pm]
Ultraviolet -- do you even lift bro?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lopingadoring