Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Fog & Lighting
Fog & Lighting
Nov 10 2010, 12:56 am
By: NicholasBeige  

Nov 10 2010, 12:56 am NicholasBeige Post #1






There are endless possibilities when playing with the "Terrain Texture Set" object in the Data Editor. Create custom Light objects and change the ambient sound of your map to create truly unique and individual pieces of art.



None.

Nov 24 2010, 4:47 pm Dungeon-Master Post #2



Really looks nice man, I didn't tried the editor yet because of lack of time, but it does look neat to me.



None.

Nov 25 2010, 9:39 am payne Post #3

:payne:

So we can do in the Data Editor everything we can in the Lighting Module?



None.

Nov 25 2010, 12:10 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

data editor will open the lightning module window, if you want to modify the lightning data.




Nov 25 2010, 1:25 pm NicholasBeige Post #5



Yep, you can also customise a whole bunch of shit through the Terrain Texture Set object...

Ambient sound modifiers - you can choose a setting which distorts or enhances all the sounds in a map (unit voices, combat sounds, environment sounds etc). For example, one setting is 'Drugged' and it add a reverb and echo layer with gradual fading to all sounds. Sounds creepy with an Archon going 'Pooooowerrrrr, ooooh-verrr WHELLMmmmmiinng'... Try it out.

Hide lowest cliff level - you can tick or untick this box to completely hide the lowest base cliff level. Most Space Platform terrains have this already ticked (since a Platform is floating in space), but you can also use it to create floating islands, especially if you change the Fog settings (next point).

Fog - you can completely customise the colour, density, falloff, style and type of the fog your map uses. A bit of creativity (ie. more creativity than my two screenshots in the OP), and you can create a terrain which is above the clouds, or some ambient underworld dungeon with red lava-glow everywhere...

So payne, stfu! :bleh:



None.

Nov 25 2010, 11:10 pm payne Post #6

:payne:

We should have a "Funny Fields" wiki for the Data Editor Category of GWN. :P



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur