Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Dependencies' Lag?
Dependencies' Lag?
Nov 7 2010, 5:28 am
By: payne  

Nov 7 2010, 5:28 am payne Post #1

:payne:

Does adding the Campaign's Dependencies lag the map a bit more? Or does it increases the map's loading time?
Basically, I'm wondering if adding Dependencies only to get one single little thing out of it is inefficient. If it is, I'd like to know how to extract only one thing out of it. :O



None.

Nov 7 2010, 8:37 pm Temp Post #2



It does increase the map's loading time, although I am not sure by how much.



None.

Nov 7 2010, 8:48 pm payne Post #3

:payne:

Quote from Temp
It does increase the map's loading time, although I am not sure by how much.
Okay, so are there any ways to extract only one particular item from a dependency?



None.

Nov 7 2010, 9:00 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from payne
Quote from Temp
It does increase the map's loading time, although I am not sure by how much.
Okay, so are there any ways to extract only one particular item from a dependency?
I would guess: no.
But you could copy the units into your map. But it's not worth it.




Nov 8 2010, 3:30 pm NicholasBeige Post #5



The amount of time the campaign dependency adds to loading the map will be extremely negligible I would imagine.

Besides - I think... and again this is purely me thinking here, nothing concrete or factual of course... I think that when the map is compiled, as in loaded/tested or ran - it only loads the Data objects (effects, behaviors, units, abilities, buttons etc) which it requires. This might require someone with a lot more knowledge than myself to clarify. But I think a blank map with 4 dependencies and no triggers will have a very similar loading time to a map with only Multiplayer Mod dependency loaded...

As for causing lag? As in latency/multiplayer generated delay etc... a dependency shouldn't cause any of this.



None.

Nov 8 2010, 5:42 pm Ahli Post #6

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

yes, AFAIK I know from my beta mapping time on my laptop. the unit's models are loaded pretty late. At least my laptop had a noticeable lag after creating 10 sentries. But it wasn't that big with Marines or Zerglings.

Some effects are shown AFTER their first use. E.g. Firebat's attack's flames. Btw, only the first loading of everything in sc2 is slow. If that's your second game without closing sc2, it will load much much faster.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur