Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Terrain check Trigger?
Terrain check Trigger?
Nov 4 2010, 11:56 am
By: deddly  

Nov 4 2010, 11:56 am deddly Post #1



Is there any way to check on which terrain a unit is?
as example on this terrain, do slide... or mirror slide
when a unit is on snow-terrain, kill unit



None.

Nov 4 2010, 12:22 pm payne Post #2

:payne:

http://www.staredit.net/starcraft2/Detecting_if_a_unit_is_in_water
http://www.staredit.net/topic/12357/

Those 2 links should help you. ^^



None.

Nov 4 2010, 12:24 pm NicholasBeige Post #3



not currently possible I am afraid... a few workarounds do exist...

a) you can create regions over all the snow-terrain, and then use the trigger function Region - Merge Regions and then delete them as you merge them (this needs to be tested however)

alternatively.

b) make all your snow terrain slightly higher or lower using the Height tool in the Terrain pallet. Then use the trigger function to detect if a unit's height has changed.

Welcome to the forum by the way. If you are new or just want some handy information and references to the Galaxy Editor, try out our Wiki source at www.staredit.net/starcraft2.

Ninja'd by payne.



None.

Nov 4 2010, 1:59 pm deddly Post #4



thanks for the answers
didnt found the other post by Roy :(
i know the idea about higher / lower terrain, but this makes the terrain looks crazy :/ i dont like, thats why im asking for help.
but i see, i have to wait until blizzard does a update... until terrain checking is possible



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Mr.BurnLiquid, Moose