Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [Solved] Arithmetic helps :( (maybe triggers)
[Solved] Arithmetic helps :( (maybe triggers)
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Nov 2 2010, 2:36 pm
By: NicholasBeige  

Nov 2 2010, 2:36 pm NicholasBeige Post #1



So yeah, I havn't done any sort of serious calculation in ages... and this is just frustrating me more than anything else.

What I have is this:
  • A Dialog of 25 width, and 300 height.
  • A unit which starts on 120 hitpoints (the maximum value can change over time)
  • An item which increases current hitpoints by 25.

So, basically a health bar which represents my hero units currentl hitpoints.

This works perfectly fine when I am doing the following
  • Events
    • Hero unit takes non-fatal any damage (from any effects)
  • local variables
    • damage taken = real, default value 0.0
    • factor = real, default value 0.0
  • Conditions (none)
  • Actions
    • Set Variable (factor) = (300 / (Hero Unit's Maximum Life (Current))
    • Set Variable (damage taken) = ((Triggering Damage Amount) * Factor)
    • Dialog - set Health Bar size to (25, ((Height of Health Bar) - (Integer(damage taken)) for (All Players)

But, the problem arises when I want my Hero unit to be able to heal himself through a) items and b) sleeping/fountain type scenarios. Since there is no event for 'Unit takes Healing effect' - I tried using Unit Property Changes but this conflicts with the (already working) unit takes damage event.

Any hints, clues, tips?



None.

Nov 2 2010, 2:45 pm NicholasBeige Post #2



Nevermind. I feel like an idiot now.

I engaged my brain properly to the problem and now I just do this:
  • Events
    • Every 0.0 seconds of game time
  • Actions
    • Set Factor = (Hero Unit's current hitpoints / 300)
    • set Health Bar size to (25, (Hero Unit's current hitpoints / Factor)


Still feel like an idiot.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 2 2010, 2:51 pm by Cardinal.



None.

Nov 2 2010, 2:58 pm NicholasBeige Post #3



Okay, I can redeem myself now...

set factor (real variable) == Unit Current hitpoints / Unit maximum hitpoints
set height of health bar == 300 * Factor

Cookies please!!



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur