Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Default Test map won't load
Default Test map won't load
Oct 30 2010, 2:53 am
By: PIESOFTHENORTH  

Oct 30 2010, 2:53 am PIESOFTHENORTH Post #1



I'm trying to make a mod, and you need to have a default test map setup in preferences to test it. So I made a basic blank map, put an SCV on it, made the game speed Faster, and tried to test the mod. It keeps saying "Unable to open map."

for the path, I just put the file name of the map, which is just in the Maps folder, not in a subfolder. I also tried Maps/Mapname.SC2Map but that didn't work either. How do I get this to work?

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 30 2010, 3:02 am by PIESOFTHENORTH.



None.

Oct 30 2010, 2:56 am payne Post #2

:payne:

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for.
As soon as you've installed GE and create a new map and press Ctrl+F9 (Test Document's Hotkey), the map should successfully load itself for you to test it.



None.

Oct 30 2010, 2:59 am PIESOFTHENORTH Post #3



I can test a map itself fine. But when I try to test a mod, it says it was unable to open map, (the test map I specified in Preferences)



None.

Oct 30 2010, 6:25 pm Temp Post #4



I don't think that the default test document does what you think it does. If you want to test your mod make a second map (like you already have). Then ensure that you have added your mod to the dependencies (File->Dependencies). You can then have your mod and your map open at the same time in GE and switch back and forth easily with under Window.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur