Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: spiffy flash light model
spiffy flash light model
Oct 29 2010, 7:14 pm
By: Bolshevik09  

Oct 29 2010, 7:14 pm Bolshevik09 Post #1



The unit Jim Raynor (sniper) has a flashlight beam shooting outta him, can other units have that as well and can i edit the dimensions?
Or do i need to do some spiffy triggers to achieve this?



None.

Oct 29 2010, 7:18 pm payne Post #2

:payne:

http://www.staredit.net/starcraft2/Flashlight
Oh look, we have just the right Wiki for you! ;)

But if you're searching for the exact same flashlight effect, well, I can't suggest much. OmniLights would definitely be in your aim, though.



None.

Nov 1 2010, 5:21 pm Bolshevik09 Post #3



Quote from payne
http://www.staredit.net/starcraft2/Flashlight
Oh look, we have just the right Wiki for you! ;)

But if you're searching for the exact same flashlight effect, well, I can't suggest much. OmniLights would definitely be in your aim, though.

the wiki version is actually for their vision, i think omni lights might be a better way, lemme look into it



None.

Nov 1 2010, 5:29 pm Temp Post #4



In the campaign mod files there is a Flashlight model (and actor) which is used for jimmy's flashlight.



None.

Nov 1 2010, 10:43 pm Bolshevik09 Post #5



Quote from Temp
In the campaign mod files there is a Flashlight model (and actor) which is used for jimmy's flashlight.

how do you add this to an existing unit, not through triggers, but in the data editor?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 1 2010, 10:58 pm by Bolshevik09.



None.

Nov 16 2010, 3:02 am Symmetry Post #6

(Killer_Kow)

I don't know anything about it, but this might be what you're looking for:

http://www.staredit.net/starcraft2/Attaching_a_Model_to_a_Unit



:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur