Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Civilian Sniper
Civilian Sniper
Oct 22 2010, 11:45 pm
By: Bolshevik09  

Oct 22 2010, 11:45 pm Bolshevik09 Post #1



1. I was wondering if its possible to add a weapon to a civilian unit, as in actually make it look like the civilian is holding a gun
i added the data weapon to him but i would like the visuals as well. I'm trying to add nova's sniper rifle to a civilian physically and statistically.

2. On the same page, how come when you duplicate a unit in data editor and then try to place him on the map, he shows up as a white bubble or invisible? how do you duplicate units?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 23 2010, 12:03 am by Bolshevik09.



None.

Oct 23 2010, 12:01 am Temp Post #2



If you want to change a model then you will need to export the model from SC2 edit using a 3d modelling program and import it back into your map.



None.

Oct 23 2010, 2:15 am payne Post #3

:payne:

Quote from Bolshevik09
2. On the same page, how come when you duplicate a unit in data editor and then try to place him on the map, he shows up as a white bubble or invisible? how do you duplicate units?
http://www.staredit.net/starcraft2/Data_Layer%27s_Tricks_%28StarCraft_II%29

Basically, when you duplicate, all you need is the Actor checked.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Mr.BurnLiquid, Moose