Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Behaviour help...
Behaviour help...
Oct 20 2010, 10:09 pm
By: NicholasBeige  

Oct 20 2010, 10:09 pm NicholasBeige Post #1



Yo, so I've got over my targetting system - it works perfectly.

Next up, I need a Buff that (i will apply through triggers), but it must change the 'classification' of an enemy unit. For example, it will make an enemy unit classified as Stasis : False. Therefore, my unit can attack. Because he is 'targetting' that unit. In default, my unit cannot attack Stasis units.

Any help?



None.

Oct 20 2010, 10:40 pm Billy Post #2



To ensure, you mean by class stuff like "armored, light, psionic..."? Will edit this post if I find it out :)
Or do you mean stuff like "Worker: false, no event on death: true" and the like?

I couldn't find anything, not in behaviors nor in the effects section, I guess it's impossible, though this doesn't mean anything ;)


WAIT!
I found something interesting:
do it with triggers, search for an action called like "Set status of unit-filter", I guess you can make your way through it now.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 20 2010, 10:54 pm by Billy.



None.

Oct 20 2010, 11:31 pm payne Post #3

:payne:

Just a quick question: I never understood what "Stasis" status is. :/



None.

Oct 20 2010, 11:33 pm Billy Post #4



Neither do I tbh, you cannot add custom classes and attributes as well, or am I wrong? If it's possible, please tell me how to :)



None.

Oct 21 2010, 3:39 am Temp Post #5



Stasis is just a flag on the unit, like invulnerable and a bunch of other ones. Think stasis like the arbiter ability from SC1, you could not attack or use abilities on units that were under that effect.

Just like invulnerable flag it does not actually do anything on it's own though. Just like how if you remove the invulnerable filter from a weapon it can attack invulnerable All default weapons/abilities have a filter that stops them from being able to target units with this flag.

Removing stasis from a unit with a buff does not seem to be possible. My suggestion would be to not have the unit be permanently in stasis but to use a buff to put it in stasis. Then you can use a remove buff effect, or disable the buff through a validator.



None.

Nov 9 2010, 1:03 pm NicholasBeige Post #6



Hey - sort of forgot I posted this here... anyways..

Just for clarification - This is for a system in which a player can select a 'target', and by default, I want his unit to 'attack' the 'target'.

So, my initial way of thinking was to make all units 'Invulnerable' or 'In Stasis', and then change the units classification when the 'target' == that unit. So, it would create the illusion of your hero unit only attacking his current target. You can then use abilities and they would by default attack your target (if they are targetable).

I realise you cannot edit a units classification as such (Light, Armoured, Stasis, Psionic, Heroic etc)... You could do it through the Field_Set_CatalogueID function (its called something like that)...

So, my work-around had to eventually involve triggers and it just applies a buff to your target, and a debuff when you change targets.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur