Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: UI Modding
UI Modding
Oct 11 2010, 7:33 pm
By: Jack  

Oct 11 2010, 7:33 pm Jack Post #1

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Hey guise,

I'm trying to move the command card around. Not the graphics, just the black bit where the buttons are placed. Now, the file to edit would seem to be the one in C:/Program Files/StarCraft II/Mods/Core.SC2Mod
In that MPQ, it's in Base.SC2Data/UI/Layout/UI/GameUI.SC2Layout

I can edit that file fine, my question is, how do I let a map or mod use it so that the changes apply to just one map or mod, and not to the entire game?

Cheers



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 11 2010, 7:53 pm Alzarath Post #2

Praetor

Using the editors importer should do the trick, afaik.



None.

Oct 12 2010, 6:12 am Jack Post #3

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Tried that, the file was already there from me manually placing it there via an MPQ editor. I re-imported it anyway. Still didn't work, might be that I just didn't edit it correctly, or perhaps you can't override UI stuff :(



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 12 2010, 6:30 am payne Post #4

:payne:

What about you screenshot the command card when its empty, change extension to .tga, import, and set the background image of a dialog to it? ;o



None.

Oct 13 2010, 6:54 am Jack Post #5

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from payne
What about you screenshot the command card when its empty, change extension to .tga, import, and set the background image of a dialog to it? ;o
I want command card functionality, not looks. E.g. hotkeys.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur