Staredit Network > Forums > Technology & Computers > Topic: Xbox 360/PC Controller
Xbox 360/PC Controller
Oct 11 2010, 1:22 pm
By: Alzarath  

Oct 11 2010, 1:22 pm Alzarath Post #1

Praetor

So my brother has a 360, we play Halo Reach on it sometimes. I'd like to get a controller as his friend comes over often and we sometimes alternate between playing.

I'd like to get a controller that works for the 360 and PC. There's this one Saitek Cyborg Controller. I have the Playstation compatible version of it, because they didn't have any Xbox versions at Best Buy when I went there. But I'd rather have a wireless controller.

So, there's the option of the Xbox 360 for WIndows controllers. I have my eyes on this one. Now, I have a few questions about this.

Will this work on the Xbox 360 as well as the PC?
Will this work with Xbox peripherals such as this and this?
Will I need anything else to get it working correctly?



None.

Oct 11 2010, 6:56 pm Dem0n Post #2

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I'm pretty sure that normal wired xbox 360 controllers work. You can get that for like 25 bucks. I like those better because then you can also plug in your mic and talk to people if you don't have a real PC mic. :O




Oct 11 2010, 7:45 pm Alzarath Post #3

Praetor

I'd still prefer it to be wireless though. Anything that ever has a wire for me seems to get its cord ripped out. :\ Could I get some answers to those questions?



None.

Oct 11 2010, 11:25 pm ShadowFlare Post #4



As far as I know, that is just a bundle of an Xbox 360 controller and the USB wireless receiver (which I'm fairly sure you can also buy separately for something like $20). You can probably use more than one Xbox 360 controller at once with that (maybe up to 4).



None.

Oct 12 2010, 12:24 am Alzarath Post #5

Praetor

I believe I read somewhere that you can't use normal Xbox 360 controllers with the reciever. So I'm guessing as similar as they are, they're not the same.



None.

Oct 12 2010, 12:40 am ShadowFlare Post #6



The information on the page you linked to, along with the posts on there, seems to indicate that it is a normal Xbox 360 controller and that the receiver works with other Xbox 360 controllers.



None.

Oct 12 2010, 11:47 am Alzarath Post #7

Praetor

Alright, well if that's the case, then I'm guessing most of what I'd like to know are answered.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Mr.BurnLiquid, Symmetry, City