Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Increasing Hero Attributes...
Increasing Hero Attributes...
Oct 3 2010, 5:29 pm
By: NicholasBeige  

Oct 3 2010, 5:29 pm NicholasBeige Post #1



This is what I have.



I would like it whenever my hero gains a level, he gains 3 Attribute Points to allocate to his attributes.

Is this possible through
a) Triggers.
b) Data Editor/Abilities?
c) or will I have to use stackable Buffs instead of Behaviours for my Attributes and then display their values in a Dialog box?



None.

Oct 3 2010, 9:55 pm payne Post #2

:payne:

http://www.staredit.net/starcraft2/Veterancy
This may help.



None.

Oct 3 2010, 11:04 pm NicholasBeige Post #3



Hey. I've managed to do it.

Not the way I would have wanted but I suppose it works.
  • 3 Behaviour - Attributes
  • Agility (move & attack speed)
  • Strength (hitpoints & carrying capacity)
  • Psionics (energy & energy regeneration)
  • 3 Behaviour - Buffs
  • Increased Agility (Modifier>Behaviour>Attribute>Agility>+1
  • Increased Strength (Modifier>Behaviour>Attribute>Strength>+1
  • Increased Psionics (Modifier>Behaviour>Attribute>Psionics>+1

And then a long discourse into Dialogue Menus, Items, Texts etc... for players to spend 'Attribute Points' on their Attributes.

The Buff is applied to the Hero unit when he chooses to spend a point on Agility for example. The Buff is Stackable up to 255 times. (Think of Stacking Poison in Warcraft 3 - except, these buffs only modify an Attribute, instead of dealing Damage over time)

I just can't seem to find a way to 'Hide the UI-Icon associated with a Buff'...



None.

Oct 4 2010, 12:35 am Temp Post #4



Its under the flags for the behaviour.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Zoan, JamaL