Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Removing build time through triggers?
Removing build time through triggers?
Oct 2 2010, 12:30 am
By: Dalarsco  

Oct 2 2010, 12:30 am Dalarsco Post #1



I'm working on a tactical testing map, and I want an option to turn build times on and off depending on what scenarios the players feel like testing. I tried the "Allow Cheat - Fast Build" action and it appeared to have no effect. Anyone have any ideas?



None.

Oct 4 2010, 5:59 pm Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Events
    Timer - Every 0.05 seconds of Game Time
Local Variables
Conditions
Actions
   Unit Group - Pick each unit in (Any units in (Entire map) owned by player Any Player matching Required: Structure, with at most Any Amount) and do (Actions)
       Actions
           General - If (Conditions) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
               If
                   (Progress of (Picked unit) slot 1) < 99.0
               Then
                   Unit - Set progress of (Picked unit) slot 1 to 99%
               Else


This will be near-instant construction for all units (I'm not sure if it affects structure build times). Just disable this trigger when you don't want it to happen, and enable it when you want it to happen.

Setting to 100% progress in theory would be instant construction, but in testing, it just removes the unit from the queue and does not create one. Alternatively to this, you could get the unit type of the unit in the queue, create that unit at the position of the building, and then remove the unit from the building's queue. It would be a tad bit faster than the method presented above, but it's much more artificial.

P.S.: Allowing a cheat is different than activating the cheat. You have to type out the cheat in-game for it to execute.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Zoan, JamaL