Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Looking for a terrainist
Looking for a terrainist
Sep 29 2010, 8:13 pm
By: Jack  

Sep 29 2010, 8:13 pm Jack Post #1

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Hey guys,

If any of you want to be the terrainist for Temple Siege 2, post some examples of your work here and we'll get back to you.

Cheers



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Sep 29 2010, 9:30 pm Tempz Post #2



Sc2 was only released for how long so i doubt a good terrainer can be easily found so i suggest you also post on sc2 mapster...



None.

Sep 29 2010, 9:34 pm payne Post #3

:payne:

Quote from Tempz
Sc2 was only released for how long so i doubt a good terrainer can be easily found so i suggest you also post on sc2 mapster...
As Jack have said, it's probably better to keep this project 100% SENish... for advertisement purposes.



None.

Sep 29 2010, 9:45 pm Tempz Post #4



ahh so true



None.

Sep 29 2010, 9:55 pm LooKe Post #5



Quote from payne
it's probably better to keep this project 100% SENish... for advertisement purposes.

That's a terrible way to pick people for a project.



None.

Sep 30 2010, 6:04 am Jack Post #6

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from name:JB4times4
Quote from payne
it's probably better to keep this project 100% SENish... for advertisement purposes.

That's a terrible way to pick people for a project.
Or, a terrible REASON. I have no problem choosing someone outside of SEN, but the FIRST place to look is SEN, as most senners know what TS is, and what is expected. If we can't find anyone here, we'll just go to other communities and individuals and ask them.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Nov 30 2010, 9:22 pm ImagoDeo Post #7



I could help... but it's always hard to work unless I know well enough what my employer has in mind. Essentially, I don't want to work under someone who has specific ideas about where every single doodad should be. If I receive a general layout to work with, I can do pretty good work.



None.

Nov 30 2010, 9:24 pm DevliN Post #8

Woah

Is the terrain going be based on TS1, or did you guys have something completely different in mind?



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Nov 30 2010, 9:58 pm Jack Post #9

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from DevliN
Is the terrain going be based on TS1, or did you guys have something completely different in mind?
It's going to be similar but not exactly the same. The basic idea (mountains up top right, bases same as always, mid is openish, bottom is islands and pathways) should be similar.

Imago, have you got google wave? I'll invite you to the wave if the others are cool with you being our terrainist. I've got a partway done basica terrain layout but you'll probably want to scrap it and start from scratch.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Dec 1 2010, 3:57 am doite Post #10



What the hell is a "SEN" refuring to "outside the SEN".. some sort of creepy clan? =)



None.

Dec 1 2010, 4:08 am payne Post #11

:payne:

Quote from doite
What the hell is a "SEN" refuring to "outside the SEN".. some sort of creepy clan? =)
"SEN" stands for "StarEdit Network". It's the acronym/diminutive of our community's name. ^^



None.

Oct 9 2011, 10:24 pm Tempz Post #12



For the sake of time it could be beneficial for you to learn to terrain yourself.
Since its easier to make blends in sc2 than sc1.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: City, sarahtaylor