Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [Solved] Apply camera multi players
[Solved] Apply camera multi players
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Sep 29 2010, 6:13 pm
By: Bolshevik09  

Sep 29 2010, 6:13 pm Bolshevik09 Post #1



So ive got a trigger to set up that:
when Player 1's civilian enters a region, apply camera for player 1 / default velocity and deceleration
and also
when Player 2's civilian enters a region, apply camera for player 2 / default velocity and deceleration
but when say player 2 enters that region, it applies the camera for both players. i want them to be separate!
why is this happening?

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Sep 29 2010, 9:22 pm by Bolshevik09. Reason: updated attachment



None.

Sep 29 2010, 7:33 pm payne Post #2

:payne:

I haven't looked too deep into the problem, but I saw that the trigger "P2 Part 1: lock eye A" doesn't have the same Point as the others in its Event. All others have 'Anywhere'.



None.

Sep 29 2010, 7:52 pm Ahli Post #3

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

In your trigger event of the "P1 Part 1: lock eye C" trigger you are using "player 2".
Just select 1 trigger on the left side and move up and down with the arrow keys on your keyboard. You will see the differences in your triggers pretty fast.




Sep 29 2010, 9:21 pm Bolshevik09 Post #4



Quote from payne
I haven't looked too deep into the problem, but I saw that the trigger "P2 Part 1: lock eye A" doesn't have the same Point as the others in its Event. All others have 'Anywhere'.

ok ive changed all the points to anywhere and uploaded to B.net titled "Dp in the mist TEST 01"

still having problems
almost seems like player 1 is able to fire both player 1 and 2's triggers with the events that i chose... i'm stumped
let me know if you want to test this with me online and i'l meet you on there at a specified time



None.

Sep 30 2010, 10:55 pm Bolshevik09 Post #5



well if nobody knows, then how do you run two separate cameras for two players?
if i apply camera, it does it for both players even though its specified for just one player.
is it possible that its just the editor glitching or is it my triggering?



None.

Oct 1 2010, 2:57 am Temp Post #6



I would start by changing your event. You should be using conditions instead of unit filters inside the event (I am not sure if they work properly there).

Instead use unit enters/exits region with the unit as any and add a condition saying owner of unit (triggering unit) = 1 or 2.



None.

Oct 1 2010, 3:04 pm Bolshevik09 Post #7



Quote from Temp
I would start by changing your event. You should be using conditions instead of unit filters inside the event (I am not sure if they work properly there).

Instead use unit enters/exits region with the unit as any and add a condition saying owner of unit (triggering unit) = 1 or 2.

Solved! i changed the event to just "any unit enters / exit region" specified the region..
and then added a condition "owner of triggering unit = player" specified player...
You were right, props!

Put this one in the wiki



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Zoan, JamaL