Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Unable to test maps
Unable to test maps
Sep 28 2010, 2:11 am
By: BlueWolf  

Sep 28 2010, 2:11 am BlueWolf Post #1



So yesterday I created my first triggers in the galaxyeditor, and after feeling that everything was right, I went on to click the button to test my map. The Galaxyeditor only minimized, and nothing happened after that. I saved my map under Maps, and tried to test the map myself, but I couldn't find out how to host my map without publishing it...

Why wont the galaxy edit let me test my map?




None.

Sep 28 2010, 2:38 am Temp Post #2



Was SC2 already running? If it was then you should have it closed when testing maps.



None.

Sep 28 2010, 2:48 am payne Post #3

:payne:

Quote from Temp
Was SC2 already running? If it was then you should have it closed when testing maps.
Note: If SC2 was launched initially in test-mode (that is, from the editor), I strongly suggest you to never close this window since every time you'll press the test button, the load will be something like 300% faster. :P



None.

Sep 28 2010, 3:02 am Temp Post #4



Err yes, by SC2 I meant a regular instance of sc2.



None.

Oct 5 2010, 3:22 pm Deev Post #5



sc2 normal game dosn't stack with sc2-test mode game.



None.

Oct 25 2010, 1:10 am Tempz Post #6



-Firstly there has to be losing trigger for each player
-There has to be start location for each player
-There has to be 2 forces...
-Sc2 can't be running or it will cause a redundancy

These things are similar to sc1



None.

Oct 25 2010, 2:12 am payne Post #7

:payne:

Quote from Tempz
-Firstly there has to be losing trigger for each player
-There has to be start location for each player
-There has to be 2 forces...
-Sc2 can't be running or it will cause a redundancy

These things are similar to sc1
Start Locations aren't required. :)



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur