Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [Solved] Terran Unit with Shield
[Solved] Terran Unit with Shield
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Sep 23 2010, 12:43 am
By: mGlushed  

Sep 23 2010, 12:43 am mGlushed Post #1



Hi, I have a question about how to make a proper Terran unit with Protoss shield on it.

I made a Auto-Turret, with its Shield Maximum and Shield Starting Amount = 500.

The shield works, but when something hits it, it does not flick (the shield flicking effect which any Protoss unit should have).

What should I do to get that effect to work on Terran's Auto-Turret?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 23 2010, 7:59 am by mGlushed.



None.

Sep 23 2010, 12:52 am Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

In the data editor, go to your unit.

Quote
Go to : UI - Shield Armor Name > double click and input in "Text Key:" the following >> "Unit/ShieldArmorName/ProtossPlasmaShields"
Below should appear Protoss Plasma Shields

Step 2.)
Models>"Model of your unit">
Attachment Properties +
- Add value: e_attachRef_Origin, set Shield Radius above 0, it requiries some tweakin here, Squib type Shield

Quick note, IMPORTANT
You MUST attach the value to ORIGIN because any other unlegit point will make the shields distorted in scale, you Can howevere add multiple shields to multple LEGIT points souch as weapon01 or target01 or any bone you find on your model, this will not add extra shield, it will only add "more" shields popping up if the missle hits that radius, so you can add 10 shield effects to loki model, it will appear that every single piece of metal on that ship has a shield of its own, it works...

Got that from thehelper.net.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Sep 23 2010, 7:58 am mGlushed Post #3



Thank you very much! It works!!!



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Zoan, JamaL