Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Multiple Actors as One Unit
Multiple Actors as One Unit
Sep 20 2010, 12:29 pm
By: NicholasBeige  

Sep 20 2010, 12:29 pm NicholasBeige Post #1



Okay, this is pretty vague, but here goes.

I want to create 1 unit - that looks like multiple units.

A really simple example is, I want to have a Marine Squad unit.
Which has a 'selection circle scale' of 2.0.
Within this 'selection circle', there will be 5 marines.

I really have no idea how to go about this and I currently don't have Galaxy Editor nearby (I'm at University and the Desktop PC is only arriving on Friday). So I thought I would ask in here to sort of know what direction to go in.

So, when a player selects the Marine Squad unit, all 5 marines within this Squad respond to orders - such as move/attack move/attack and display the correct animations individually.

Ideally, what I would like to achieve is when a Squad Unit's hp reaches between 61% and 80% one of the individual marines will die. So, a Marine Squad with <20% HP will only display 1 marine. I would imagine this is possible through triggers - but would it require 'replace unit with' and then a separate unit which only displays 4, or 3 or whatever many marines?

It's for a turn-based map project I'm working on - sort of recreating Steel Panthers: World At War.

Any help on this will be much appreciated :)



None.

Sep 20 2010, 6:34 pm Temp Post #2



You can achieve squad combat without doing this. As far as I know you cannot have an actor be made up of multiple models. First see http://www.staredit.net/topic/11209/ this and then look at the conjoined behaviour and with a few extra triggers you should be able to accomplish it.

If you need a better explanation or you have more questions just ask.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Zoan, JamaL