Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: How certain triggers work
How certain triggers work
Sep 18 2010, 4:39 am
By: payne  

Sep 18 2010, 4:39 am payne Post #1

:payne:

Do we know if the Periodic Event is accurate/constant? It looks a bit random in my case, and I really don't know why. :O
Do we know how Attach Unit To Region works? I ran it once, at map init, and I suspect it to create a bunch of bugs all around, as if the region was moved through all the map to find the unit.



None.

Sep 18 2010, 5:55 am shmeeps Post #2



Periodic event is bound to be a bit erratic, due to timing errors with in the engine due to lag or some other things, but the difference should only be slight. Have you noticed anything huge related to timing errors with the event?



None.

Sep 18 2010, 11:14 am payne Post #3

:payne:

Quote from shmeeps
Have you noticed anything huge related to timing errors with the event?
Yup.
The system is supposed to spawn a Power-Up every 15 seconds and remove all other PU once it is spawned, I remember it spawning after like 20 seconds and disappearing right after it (like 1 second later).
I've also noticed that some times, when a PU spawns near a CPU, my Idle trigger is activated. And if a CPU blinks, the PU are removed. This makes no sense. :(



None.

Sep 18 2010, 5:53 pm Temp Post #4



Make sure you are using real time and not game time.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: O)FaRTy1billion[MM], Mr.BurnLiquid