Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Going down cliffs but not up?
Going down cliffs but not up?
Sep 17 2010, 3:21 pm
By: Alzarath  

Sep 17 2010, 3:21 pm Alzarath Post #1

Praetor

Basically what the title suggests. I want a unit to be able to go down cliffs, but not up them. I tried editing the Reapers ability, but it ended up crashing the game when the unit tries to go up.



None.

Sep 17 2010, 6:16 pm Temp Post #2



I don't see a way to do this by modifying the behaviour alone. But since it is a behaviour you may be able to do accomplish this by adding/removing the behaviour. (Maybe create an ability that jumps them up the cliff?)



None.

Sep 18 2010, 5:51 am shmeeps Post #3



Did you only do the Behavior? Some units don't even use behaviors (I believe the Colossus doesn't), and just use movers, and some use both (I believe Reapers use both). Might be something to look at.



None.

Sep 18 2010, 1:48 pm Alzarath Post #4

Praetor

I gave the unit the 'Cliff Jumper' Mover. I then looked at the Reapers behavior. I tried removing a few fields that relate to the word 'Up', but that makes the game crash when the unit tries to go up a cliff.



None.

Sep 18 2010, 6:03 pm Temp Post #5



The jump behaviour seems to require you to go both ways which is why it crashes when you remove the up mover (it is still trying to use it). I would suggest maybe using triggers in this case to simulate a jump.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: O)FaRTy1billion[MM], Mr.BurnLiquid