Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Changing projectile firing location
Changing projectile firing location
Sep 16 2010, 2:36 pm
By: Alzarath  

Sep 16 2010, 2:36 pm Alzarath Post #1

Praetor

So I'm trying to make the Civilian Transport fire a projectile weapon. Every time, it fires from the origin, not the weapon attachment. How can I change the location the unit fires from?



None.

Sep 16 2010, 4:46 pm Temp Post #2



Not all units have all attachment points, if you look at it in the model previewer you can find a list of all attachment points the model has.



None.

Sep 16 2010, 11:42 pm payne Post #3

:payne:

Quote from Temp
Not all units have all attachment points, if you look at it in the model previewer you can find a list of all attachment points the model has.
Out of curiosity: how can we manually add an attachment point to a unit's model? :O



None.

Sep 17 2010, 12:52 am Temp Post #4



Edit the model in an external program



None.

Sep 17 2010, 2:32 pm Alzarath Post #5

Praetor

I already looked in the previewer. That's the first thing I did. But how do I change WHERE the projectiles fire from? It should fire from the end of the units turret at 'weapon', but it's firing from 'origin'.



None.

Sep 17 2010, 6:09 pm Temp Post #6



In the Action actor for the attack under Container Attachment Query you should have the weapon filter there. If you do not have an action actor for your attack you should, there are plenty of examples there (you could duplicate a similar one if you wanted to).



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Mr.BurnLiquid, Symmetry, City