Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Limit unit turning to 16 Direction
Limit unit turning to 16 Direction
Sep 16 2010, 1:20 am
By: Dabbu  

Sep 16 2010, 1:20 am Dabbu Post #1



I'm interested in finding a way to limit unit directional facing to 16 directions.
I tried to do this through triggers, however the right events to make this full-proof don't seem to exist or work properly.

I tried disabling unit rotation and then using triggers for when the unit is given order event and altering the facing direction manually, but this doesn't work for all cases.
A unit can react to being shot at, patrol, or change direction in order to get by an obstacle while moving, the above trigger doesn't work then.
If there was an event based on Unit Changes Movement direction (not the same as facing direction) then this might work, but there isn't.

Was wondering if there is a way to achieve this functionality through the data editor somehow.



None.

Sep 16 2010, 1:28 am Temp Post #2



I don't think you can do a nice implementation of this in SC2 for all cases. Depending on specific needs this you could have something that could work (example would be in an area without obstacles with no patrolling but there are probably other cases).

Just as a note you can do this if a unit is given an order or is under attack (since there are events for these things).



None.

Sep 16 2010, 4:45 pm Dabbu Post #3



It makes me so sad this all mighty editor can't do something so simple :(



None.

Sep 16 2010, 4:52 pm Temp Post #4



The editor has a very hard time changing basic game play mechanics. For instance the number of cliff levels or having more than 1 global light source.



None.

Sep 16 2010, 10:40 pm TiKels Post #5



Theoretically it COULD do it, but it'd be hard as hell. By no stretch of the imagination is the editor infinite, but it's damn near close.



"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Sep 16 2010, 11:41 pm payne Post #6

:payne:

Wasn't this made possible using Sprite Models ?



None.

Sep 17 2010, 12:53 am Temp Post #7



I'm not sure of the method they used for the sprites (they may have used WASD). From what I have seen when they are click moved they have the same turning as regular SC2.



None.

Sep 17 2010, 6:42 am Dabbu Post #8



well if someone figures it out, and it's a practical way, let me know please



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: O)FaRTy1billion[MM], Mr.BurnLiquid