Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: This is what I'm trying to do:
This is what I'm trying to do:
Sep 15 2010, 4:20 pm
By: Endureth  

Sep 15 2010, 4:20 pm Endureth Post #1



So this is what I'm trying to do:

There are 4 teams of 2 players each.
Each player starts with a marine spawning at a point every 3 seconds.
Throughout the game players can buy upgrades from their CC (named Guard Post in this scenario) to have War Pigs (Heavy Guards) or Marauders (Armored Guards) spawn as well.
When the heavy guard upgrade is purchased a war pig will spawn every 15 seconds in addition to the marine.
When the armored guard upgrade is purchased a marauder will spawn every 30 seconds in addition to the marine and war pig.

This is how I have it set up so far:

http://img690.imageshack.us/f/scedit0001.png/
http://img251.imageshack.us/f/scedit0002.png/
http://img695.imageshack.us/f/scedit0003.png/
http://img838.imageshack.us/f/scedit0004.png/
http://img243.imageshack.us/f/scedit0005.png/
http://img340.imageshack.us/f/scedit0006.png/

Now, you can probably tell I'm totally new to this by how I've done all this. I am, but once I learn a concept, I retain it. I just need help learning it.

ULTIMATELY, what I'm trying to achieve is something that works more like this:

There are 4 teams of 2 players each.
Each player starts with a marine spawning at a point every 3 seconds.
Players can pay minerals to upgrade their spawns by adding a war pig every 15 seconds or a marauder every 30 seconds.
Other players can pay minerals to turn off portions (or all) of another players spawn (either indefinitely or temporarily).

I know there's a better way to write this code and I think it has something to do with Booleans(?) or Arrays(?) but I don't know what they are or how to use them. Perhaps maybe there's a much better way I don't know about. I guess what I need is a way to dynamically turn spawns on and off in game by paying minerals at your command center.

Can someone help me with a tutorial for this? And if someone would be willing to actually tutor me and help me with the entire map I'd be grateful for that also. I have a lot more concepts for the map as a whole and will have to learn all kinds of things to finish it.

Thanks.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 15 2010, 4:32 pm by Endureth.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: O)FaRTy1billion[MM], Mr.BurnLiquid