Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Achievements
Achievements
Sep 14 2010, 2:47 am
By: payne  

Sep 14 2010, 2:47 am payne Post #1

:payne:

I wanted to implement an Achievement system into my map, but it looks like all the core triggers related to these are "Restricted to Blizzard's use".
Is there any way to implement achievements in a map?



None.

Sep 14 2010, 2:52 am shmeeps Post #2



You could with standard variable and dialogs, create a ghetto rigged version of triggers. However, I think the only way to keep them from map to map would be with banks, which I don't know are implemented yet. However, using the actual Achievement system, AFAIK, is restricted to only Blizzard-Signed maps, meaning we can't use them. Unless they release a framework for custom Achievements (which seems unlikely, as they are stored in you B.Net account, and adding more achievements would add more stress to their servers), it will be limited to what you can come up with using dialogs on a map to map, and most likely, a play to play basis.



None.

Oct 31 2010, 8:49 pm Tempz Post #3



You can do a round about way of having a player's achievement required be posted on a site thus you are able to physically see it but this is best suited for a competition of sorts but banks work but i don't know how exactly to link it to another game and it is only limited to the map makers who implement them. Who knows maybe blizzard will add this feature for prem maps.



None.

Oct 31 2010, 8:57 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Tempz
You can do a round about way of having a player's achievement required be posted on a site thus you are able to physically see it but this is best suited for a competition of sorts but banks work but i don't know how exactly to link it to another game and it is only limited to the map makers who implement them. Who knows maybe blizzard will add this feature for prem maps.
They load every player's bank and throw the collected data together and calculate the new data out of that information (e.g. top 10 highscore players).
The information will be spread by the players itself. It's not synchroniced, but in the long run, the higher values will find their way to everyone who plays that map frequently.
But if a player edits his bank, the whole system is f*cked up. That's why you need some sort of encryption, too.




Oct 31 2010, 9:16 pm Tempz Post #5



I never thought of that... for a simplified purpose the encryption should be a string of algorithms which work with each other



None.

Oct 31 2010, 9:54 pm Temp Post #6



You might as well use a check sum or hash function instead of encryption. Less work and you would get the same result.



None.

Nov 1 2010, 8:45 pm Tempz Post #7



I never thought of it that way any who WIKI LINKS >:O

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checksum
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_function



None.

Nov 1 2010, 8:58 pm Temp Post #8



See here for an implementation



None.

Nov 17 2010, 8:20 am Jack Post #9

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

The problem with encryption is that anyone can grab the map and see how you encrypted it, then they can undo the encryption and edit stuff themselves anyway. Best way to do it would be to encrypt stuff AND add all sorts of data values that aren't actually used in the map. For example, have a bunch of different ones editing HP, HP_value, _HPLEVEL_HURR etc, and then have the actual HP value be stored in a variable like ghsdtdfgdfgdfg. Anyone editing it will have no idea what value stores hp, or achievements, or whatever. At the very least, it makes it incredibly difficult to edit banks.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Nov 17 2010, 3:54 pm Temp Post #10



A hash will do pretty much the same thing without making your bank look ugly and you needing to remember the names for everything. Especially when something weird is added to the hash like the height of the terrain at a chosen point on your map.



None.

Nov 17 2010, 9:17 pm Tempz Post #11



Well the best kind of encryption would be a hash function but any way of encryption0 that's easy to write yet hard to read is best of course. Maybe you could get someone to write an algorithm for you however that takes unnecessary work... I bet someone made it so you can write out triggers manually like TrigEdit of starcraft 1, if there is a Trigedit of sc2 can someone please respond.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur