Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Custom UI
Custom UI
Sep 11 2010, 4:11 am
By: payne  

Sep 11 2010, 4:11 am payne Post #1

:payne:

I want to disable to whole Game UI to create my own UI.

The question is, would I need to use triggers to detect if a player press his Ability button or is it possible to make the Dialog act exactly like the Command Card (except that its moved somewhere else and doesn't look the same) ?



None.

Sep 11 2010, 4:19 am Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from payne
I want to disable to whole Game UI to create my own UI.

The question is, would I need to use triggers to detect if a player press his Ability button or is it possible to make the Dialog act exactly like the Command Card (except that its moved somewhere else and doesn't look the same) ?
You would add a dialog box that acts like the command card.

I suppose you know how to remove the current UI, and add dialogs etc.?



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Sep 11 2010, 4:41 am payne Post #3

:payne:

Quote from Jack
I suppose you know how to remove the current UI, and add dialogs
Yup.
Quote from Jack
You would add a dialog box that acts like the command card.
How is my question.



None.

Sep 12 2010, 12:43 am Morphling Post #4



I remember seeing something where you can create a dialog template using the command card template.



None.

Sep 12 2010, 12:58 am Temp Post #5



http://www.sc2mapster.com/assets/dialog-item-templates/ You may want to look at the cons to using this kind of approach



None.

Sep 12 2010, 1:12 am payne Post #6

:payne:

Quote from Temp
http://www.sc2mapster.com/assets/dialog-item-templates/ You may want to look at the cons to using this kind of approach
The fact that disable Game UI disables hotkeys is kind of a major issue.
I guess I'll just use triggers to detect key-press... or would it be too laggy? :S



None.

Sep 12 2010, 1:15 am LoveLess Post #7

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from payne
Quote from Temp
http://www.sc2mapster.com/assets/dialog-item-templates/ You may want to look at the cons to using this kind of approach
The fact that disable Game UI disables hotkeys is kind of a major issue.
I guess I'll just use triggers to detect key-press... or would it be too laggy? :S
Question is, how fast do you want the response. The faster you want to detect, the more lag it will create.

EDIT:
Also, from the link Temp posted:
Quote
"Hide game UI will disable the hotkeys, even though you've created a Command Card using the Dialog Item." If you do not hide the game UI but just move it outside the screen (there was a tut on that) maybe the H-keys will work


Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 12 2010, 2:18 am by NudeRaider. Reason: merged posts



None.

Sep 12 2010, 2:12 am payne Post #8

:payne:

Quote from LoveLess
Also, from the link Temp posted:
Quote
"Hide game UI will disable the hotkeys, even though you've created a Command Card using the Dialog Item." If you do not hide the game UI but just move it outside the screen (there was a tut on that) maybe the H-keys will work
I read this, and thought it made sense... but then I understood that I did not simply want to move the Command Card. I want to have it have a different form also (5 buttons aligned on a single line).



None.

Sep 12 2010, 4:13 am shmeeps Post #9



I believe it is also possible to set the game UI to a really really small opacity, practically making it invisible but still function. Then you could layer dialogs on top of it.

As far as lag with trigger key press detection, that small amount of lag will always be there (somewhere between 50-150ms).



None.

Sep 12 2010, 4:14 am payne Post #10

:payne:

I have already tried to "Set Transparency to 0" for a dialog box, nothing happened. I wonder why it'd work on Game UI. ;o



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: O)FaRTy1billion[MM], Mr.BurnLiquid