Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Custom unit models never working.
Custom unit models never working.
Sep 10 2010, 12:43 am
By: PunWisp  

Sep 10 2010, 12:43 am PunWisp Post #1



No matter what unit I'm copying, the model never ends up working... It shows up as a dome... Units, abilities... ANYTHING that uses a model. I get everything else to work, but models never do. And its annoying the hell out of me because I cant make any custom -.-



None.

Sep 10 2010, 12:52 am aalleecc248 Post #2



You have to create an actor, do this is the actor section in the data editor. Create a new actor and copy from the actor that has the unit/spell/whatever name and make the category Unit. At the top with UnitName, pick your unit or whatever you want and then it's connected to that. Then click on the art tab and change the models there to the model you want for your data. (Model, Model(Build), Model(Placement), and Model(Portrait))



None.

Sep 10 2010, 1:05 am PunWisp Post #3



You've lost me

could you be a bit more specific and clear? I'm not THAT familiar with the editor to know all what you're saying.



None.

Sep 10 2010, 1:11 am aalleecc248 Post #4



Ok if you open up the data editor, there is a drop down list. Click that and select the Actors.

After that, right click and select New Object. There should be an Actor Type drop down so you will choose Unit in that (Scroll down to unit). On the bottom of the window, choose "Copy from:" and select your unit in the drop down list.

Ok so there is another window that pops up, go ahead and check everything to copy the complete actor.

Now select your newly created actor and on the top there should be a Unit Name on the right, double click the blue text and drop down to your unit. Then below that there are multiple tabs, select Art and change the models to what you want.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 10 2010, 1:50 am by aalleec248.



None.

Sep 10 2010, 1:17 am PunWisp Post #5



Unit name on the right? Not that specific, I can't figure out what your talking about



None.

Sep 10 2010, 1:32 am aalleecc248 Post #6



When you select your newly made actor, On to top right of the data editor, in grey text, under Tokens, will be Unit Name, with blue text to the right of it. You edit the blue text. (Below the giant Search box)



None.

Sep 10 2010, 1:37 am PunWisp Post #7



Im not seeing the unit name part.. make a screen and circle it?



None.

Sep 10 2010, 1:47 am aalleecc248 Post #8



It seems so obvoius for me so I couldn't see how to explain it. I seemed to have highlighted it.





None.

Sep 10 2010, 2:03 am PunWisp Post #9



Lawl, ive been trying to do this for a ability this whole time.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: O)FaRTy1billion[MM], Mr.BurnLiquid