Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Cast via button
Cast via button
Sep 5 2010, 3:31 am
By: payne  

Sep 5 2010, 3:31 am payne Post #1

:payne:

Is it possible to link a unit to a dialog item?
I'd like to be able to make the players cast abilities on their allies by pressing quick-access buttons.
I want the players to be able to select the ability is literally cast it on the button, while it redirects the effects on the hero. Is this possible?

If not, I guess it is possible to just set one 'Heal' button for each Hero and let the Medic player click those to heal them?



None.

Sep 5 2010, 3:38 am Riney Post #2

Thigh high affectionado

Yea its possible. Depends on the scale of it though.

Are we talking about heroes healing heroes or an army?



.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Sep 5 2010, 3:46 am payne Post #3

:payne:

Well, I'm trying to establish how the Custom UI will look like and how players would interact with it.
It's for the Infiltration RPG project.

So, at most 4 players to interact with.
I was at first thinking I could make all players target some specific spells on any hero with a Quick-Access button, but then I found it to be a horrible idea... BUT, letting the Medic (a probe), use those Quick-Access buttons to heal his partners might be useful (though this is still to be proven).

P.S. If any of you have ideas for the Custom UI, please go on... I already sense the fail of the design I have in mind.

EDIT: By the way, the main question behind this thread is simply to know if you can detect if a player has pressed a specific ability's button without casting it, just leaving it to the cast-cursor.



None.

Sep 5 2010, 4:33 am Temp Post #4



Button pressed event detects command card button presses.

So you have something like

Button Pressed -> Set var to true
Dialog item is pressed -> var is true -> order unit -> set var false
Unit uses ability -> set var false



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Mr.BurnLiquid, Moose