Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Duplicated Vortex Doesn't Work
Duplicated Vortex Doesn't Work
Sep 2 2010, 11:56 pm
By: ImagoDeo  

Sep 2 2010, 11:56 pm ImagoDeo Post #1



:hurr: I duplicated Vortex, figured out all the right actors and stuff, and added a damage tick to the list of effects that occurs in the Search portion, which ticks 320 times in 20 seconds, or every .0625 seconds. The damage effect is set at .2, so the effect would deal 64 damage over that period of time.

But for some reason, even though the normal Vortex is working perfectly, my modified version pushes units OUT of the target zone rather than drawing them IN. It deals damage and immobilizes and all that, but it PUSHES THEM OUT. I mean just :wut: ?!

I've attached the map. If you can, please help! :-(



None.

Sep 3 2010, 1:21 am Alzarath Post #2

Praetor

So you're saying your Mommyship doesn't like to suck? :awesome:

I'll download and take a look.

EDIT: Got it.

In the Effect 'Ristak = Firestorm (Force)', change 'Target - Location +' to 'Ristak - Firestorm (Create Persistent)'

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 3 2010, 1:37 am by Artanis186.



None.

Sep 3 2010, 3:36 pm ImagoDeo Post #3



Thanks, Artanis. :<_<: It's all so complicated. :-(



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Mr.BurnLiquid, Moose