Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Losing large amounts of minerals upon editing
Losing large amounts of minerals upon editing
Sep 2 2010, 11:47 pm
By: FoxWolf1  

Sep 2 2010, 11:47 pm FoxWolf1 Post #1



I'm not sure if this has been posted before, since there are lots of issues being commented on these days, and search didn't reveal anything, but I lost five minerals (I measured the change, since I was getting suspicious) just for editing (just after creation) a thread in the SC1 showcase to add a link to a place to get the file, and (I think) a similar amount on a previous edit. Since I tend to edit my posts far more often than make new posts, I am worried that I will soon run out of minerals. Is this supposed to happen? It seems really strange that releasing a map (meaning, creating and maintaining, with edits, a showcase thread) should have any mineral cost, let alone such a high one...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 2 2010, 11:57 pm by FoxWolf1.



None.

Sep 2 2010, 11:50 pm Aristocrat Post #2



Losing minerals on edit is a glitch caused by implementing a feature that's supposed to award additional minerals if you make a large edit to a post.

Devourer will fix it. Probably.



None.

Sep 2 2010, 11:50 pm CecilSunkure Post #3



Not supposed to happen, and I've noticed it as well :(



None.

Sep 2 2010, 11:53 pm Alzarath Post #4

Praetor

Oh, well no wonder my minerals seem to have been going up abnormally slow. :\



None.

Sep 2 2010, 11:53 pm Aristocrat Post #5



On second thought, are you talking about this thread?

http://www.staredit.net/topic/12367/

You do not get minerals for things inside [quote] tags. Try replacing it with [encase] instead and see if you get minerals back.



None.

Sep 2 2010, 11:57 pm FoxWolf1 Post #6



Changing to [encase] was mineralishly neutral: nothing came back, but it didn't cost anything. It does look a little nicer with the box not having [quote] at the top, though.



None.

Sep 3 2010, 12:15 am Aristocrat Post #7



Hmm, strange. Things inside [encase] are indeed giving minerals. The only thing I can think of is that devourer used this implementation:
  1. On edit, the mineral value of the pre-edit post is evaluated.
  2. That amount of X minerals is subtracted from your mineral count.
  3. The mineral value of the post-edit post is evaluated.
  4. That amount of Y minerals is added to your mineral count.
If my theory is correct, the italicized step is broken and not actually giving minerals, resulting in a net loss whenever you edit.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
[2026-9-24. : 8:12 pm]
Ultraviolet -- do you even lift bro?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lopingadoring