Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Bouncing Grenade
Bouncing Grenade
Sep 2 2010, 3:12 am
By: Alzarath  

Sep 2 2010, 3:12 am Alzarath Post #1

Praetor

So, right now I have.... nothing.

Basically, what I want is to make a grenade that bounces on its way to the target location. I also want the grenade to be detonate-able before reaching said target.

Anyone know where I'd begin?



None.

Sep 2 2010, 3:50 am payne Post #2

:payne:

I'd say you should make the Grenade a unit.
Then figure out how a "Jump" ability can be worked out.
Then read this: http://www.staredit.net/starcraft2/Timed_Life

Then have fun. ;)



None.

Sep 2 2010, 4:46 am Temp Post #3



You can use a missile unit and a custom mover to do bouncing. Not sure how to detonate it with an ability yet.



None.

Sep 2 2010, 5:05 am payne Post #4

:payne:

http://forums.sc2mapster.com/resources/tutorials/4855-data-customized-projectiles-advanced-difficulty/#p1

This -might- help.
(You'll understand I haven't read the whole thing. :P)



None.

Sep 3 2010, 3:06 pm Biophysicist Post #5



Making it detonatable before reaching the target could be done with a Search Area effect and a damage effect with splash. Give the grenade a combination of flags that isn't used anywhere else in the map (let's say Robotic and Biological) and also flag it as a missile. The detonate ability should call a Search Area effect that applies a damage effect to all friendly units flagged as Robotic, Biological, and Missile. Give the damage effect enough damage to destroy the missile (most easily done by giving the missile exactly 1 HP and no armor) and splash.

Of course, you could also use a validator instead of the flag thingy, but I don't really get validators. >.>



None.

Sep 3 2010, 7:12 pm Temp Post #6



Validator would be much better because you could say it needs to be a grenade using a unit type validator.



None.

Sep 3 2010, 7:27 pm payne Post #7

:payne:

Where is our Validators wiki? :massimo:



None.

Sep 4 2010, 12:20 am Alzarath Post #8

Praetor

Could someone at least do the Mover for me, I tried and I have absolutely no idea...



None.

Sep 4 2010, 12:33 am Temp Post #9



You should look at the sc2mapster link payne provided. It does a good job of explaining what most things are for, it will take a bunch of tweaking on your part though.



None.

Sep 4 2010, 3:42 am Alzarath Post #10

Praetor

Ya, I was actually linked there three times and found it before anyone even linked it. It's too complicated and I really don't feel like getting into it D:



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Mr.BurnLiquid, Symmetry, City