Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Modifying Feedback
Modifying Feedback
Sep 1 2010, 3:10 pm
By: ImagoDeo  

Sep 1 2010, 3:10 pm ImagoDeo Post #1



I want to make an attack for a unit that uses the Feedback graphics but is actually a weapon instead of a spell. How would I go about doing this? Or what would be the easiest way to do it?

To clarify, the unit in question uses the high templar graphics. Thus, the Feedback Launch actor would be somehow copied and used for the unit's attacking graphics. I'm kind of at a loss. =/



None.

Sep 1 2010, 4:04 pm Biophysicist Post #2



You'd need to define a weapon that calls Feedback (Set) as its effect and give it to the Templar. The Feedback (Launch) actor seems to be called whenever the Feedback damage effect is called, so I think that would be it. You may want to modify the Templar actor and display its feedback animation when it attacks.



None.

Sep 1 2010, 6:58 pm ImagoDeo Post #3



Thanks, this helps. There are one or two difficulties, though. I also want to remove the energy dependency and just have the attack do a set amount of damage. Is there a way to do that?



None.

Sep 1 2010, 11:04 pm payne Post #4

:payne:

Search for the "Feedback" effect, and look for "Cost" or "Modification" in the fields. From there, you should be able to remove energy dependency.
I'm too lazy to open the editor to precise a bit more. Sorry. :P



None.

Sep 2 2010, 1:17 am Temp Post #5



We really need a video tutorial posted somewhere around here on how to use actors/what they are for. You could just edit the feedback launch actor and add an event for your attack (assuming it is an ability). If it is an attack you should use it in your attack actor.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Mr.BurnLiquid, Moose