Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Unit Fanfare
Unit Fanfare
Sep 1 2010, 2:08 am
By: Undead-Fox  

Sep 1 2010, 2:08 am Undead-Fox Post #1



Since I don't know if this would fall under triggers, or data editor, I'll ask here... Yay!

During a few of the maps in the campaign and such, you'll see the units (like Zealots, Marines, Marauders, etc.) doing a sort of fanfare.
They'll raise their weapons up and fire or do some other form of cheering.
How is that done?



None.

Sep 1 2010, 4:14 am Sand Wraith Post #2



I think it's their victory or taunt animation. E.g. if you used to trigger to make a unit play it's Victory (or Taunt) animation, it might do that cheering thing.




Sep 1 2010, 5:57 am payne Post #3

:payne:

Just for the information: you can also trigger this as a player on B.net: select a group of units and type "-cheer" or "-dance". :awesome:



None.

Sep 1 2010, 6:48 am Undead-Fox Post #4



Quote from payne
Just for the information: you can also trigger this as a player on B.net: select a group of units and type "-cheer" or "-dance". :awesome:
Why do I doubt this...



None.

Sep 2 2010, 12:39 am Sand Wraith Post #5



I think there might actually be a global hotkey linked to making your units dance/cheer. It might only work once the "Score Screen/Return to Game" menu shows up.

I might just be thinking of RA2 though.




Sep 2 2010, 1:14 am payne Post #6

:payne:

Quote from Undead-Fox
Quote from payne
Just for the information: you can also trigger this as a player on B.net: select a group of units and type "-cheer" or "-dance". :awesome:
Why do I doubt this...
I'm not kidding. >_>

But anyways, if you look into Rock Arena's triggers, you'll find how to trigger it: at the very first marine's spawn and when marines jump, the guy runs the cheer animation.



None.

Sep 2 2010, 4:57 am payne Post #7

:payne:

Sorry for double post.

I found this: http://forums.sc2mapster.com/resources/tutorials/1888-data-dancing-sc2/#p1

Also, it is "/dance" and "/cheer". Sorry about misleading you with a hyphen. :/



None.

Sep 3 2010, 12:03 pm Undead-Fox Post #8



Heh, y'know it's pretty funny when a lot of our help comes from linking to rival sites...



None.

Sep 3 2010, 7:00 pm payne Post #9

:payne:

Quote from Undead-Fox
Heh, y'know it's pretty funny when a lot of our help comes from linking to rival sites...
1) They ain't rival
2) They are a great source of knowledge
3) Unlike Sixen, I am not afraid to link to something relevant if it isn't part of my own community



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Mr.BurnLiquid, Moose