Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Duplicated missile
Duplicated missile
Aug 31 2010, 3:39 am
By: Alzarath  

Aug 31 2010, 3:39 am Alzarath Post #1

Praetor

Here's what I did:

1. Duplicated the Longbolt Missile weapon along with its actor and 3 effects
2. Duplicated the unit 'Weapon - Longbolt Missile' and its actor
3. Set the new unit to the duplicated weapon
4. Changed it so 3 missiles fire instead of 2
5. Changed the Mover of the unit to 'Drunken Missile'
6. Changed the damage and attack speed

Here's the result:


As you may be able to see, the missiles do damage as they hit the turret, but the (non-damaging) explosive effects happen right as the missiles are fired, instead of when the missiles make impact.



None.

Aug 31 2010, 4:58 am Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Haven't got a working data editor atm but I'll try remember what to do:

Search the actors for the one named something like Longbolt Missile Impact. Make sure that the weapon or unit is linked to that, and that the Longbolt Missle Impact actor is set so it explodes when the weapon finishes firing, or whatever.

Could be talking out of my behind as I can't check it with a data editor :(



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 31 2010, 5:05 am Alzarath Post #3

Praetor

Quote from Jack
Haven't got a working data editor atm but I'll try remember what to do:

Search the actors for the one named something like Longbolt Missile Impact. Make sure that the weapon or unit is linked to that, and that the Longbolt Missle Impact actor is set so it explodes when the weapon finishes firing, or whatever.

Could be talking out of my behind as I can't check it with a data editor :(

Can't find any actor with the word impact in it relating to the weapon. :\ Get your data editor working so you can help me. D:

Reinstall or something. :\



None.

Aug 31 2010, 6:20 am Temp Post #4



The missile turret attack actor has this event

Effect.LongboltMissileU.Start
->At Caster
->FromEffectTreeDescendant
ActionImpact

When I remove it the missiles no longer explode on impact.



None.

Aug 31 2010, 11:52 am Alzarath Post #5

Praetor

Well, that didn't help at all. But the good news is I found another weapon to replace that is more fitting, so it's no longer an issue.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Mr.BurnLiquid, Moose